Help Connecting Sub-Woofer to Vibe Powerbox Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

BasalGanglia

CarAudio.com Newbie
I decided to install new speakers, add an amplifier to the headunit and a Subwoofer with zero experience.

I have successfully installed the new speakers and have just installed the Vibe Powerbox 65.4 Four Channel amp to the Factory Unit using the supplied ISO loom and my car specific T-Harness. Was nice and easy as plug and play but very hard to fit it all in the small space.

So I am now up to the task of installing my active Edge Subwoofer. So to make this easier I purchased the Vibe Rapid Kit which enables you to connect the power to the 12V Fuse box under the glove box rather than having to connect it to the car battery.

My question is based on how to get the signal from the speakers to the amp. So this kit also comes with an easy way to do this. Male RC inputs at one end and crimps on the other that allow you to just put it over the left and right speaker wires to get the signal from there. So I was trying to find out if this could be crimped onto the wires near the Vive Poweramp. I.e the wires that go into the molex connection that connects to the amp. Instead of crimping them to the speaker wires directly behind the Head Unit. I wanted to do this as there is very limited space behind there.

So I rang up Vibe and they said to not use this but connect to the female RC outputs that come out of the Vibe Powerbox amp. Is this correct? But he also said I need to connect the remote wire to the amp to turn it on and off. But I was under the impression that being connected to the Fuse Box under the glove box meant that it would switch off when the engine is switched off (Assuming you have connected it to the right one). Or do I still need this connected?

Thanks in advance

Thank you. There is also a male rc connected to the powerbox harness that clicks into it. Is this for connecting to back of headunit if it had rc output connections?
If by rc you mean RCA, then yes. The splice to RCA harness you mentioned is for splicing into oem speaker wires, this male rc is for direct to headunit's rc output.

Thank you. So for connecting it to the fuse box I need to use a constant feed rather than one that only switches on and off when the car is on? And if so why is this? Does a constant feed have more power then or something?

And if so why is this? Does a constant feed have more power then or something?
I do not have a clear answer for this. My assumption is that all power going through the switch has to go through a relay; if this relay feeds other components, then putting an extra load on it may affect said component's performance. A direct wire is just that, power straight from the battery. Again, this is an educated assumption.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...