Help choosing new amp for two American Bass TNT 1244's

Participant count
  • Participant list

bluemarvin3030

Senior VIP Member
OK guys, I currently have one TNT 1244, dual 4 ohm, 600 watt rms, receiving 561 watts at two ohms from an Alpine Mrv-m500. Looking to add another 12 soon.

Was originally going to just add another Alpine to power the second sub. But I was considering just getting one amp and selling the Alpine that I already have.

My question is what would be a good amp for two of these subs? Possibly 1200-1500 watts. I have heard these sub's can take more per than 600 as long as it is clean power.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for suggestion, I was considering one of those. Should I be concerned that the amp doesn't have fuses? Never owned an amp without fuses.
It uses inline fuses "fuse the wire" thus no need for onboard fuses... Makes no difference just a convenience factor..

DB drive a7 okur 1500.1d, Crescendo symphony 1500, or Soundqubed q1 1200
Saw your thread about a new amp, have you decided on one yet? I'm thinking of keeping the amp and subs the same brand. I'm reading great things about the AB amps. Everybody competes with them.

Saw your thread about a new amp, have you decided on one yet? I'm thinking of keeping the amp and subs the same brand. I'm reading great things about the AB amps. Everybody competes with them.

Not really but it's going to be between the crescendo symphony 1500 or soundqubed Q1-2200. I was thinking about matching brands but the American Bass vfl 100.1 is close to 400 dollars might as well get a Q1-2200 for a few extra dollars.

Not really but it's going to be between the crescendo symphony 1500 or soundqubed Q1-2200. I was thinking about matching brands but the American Bass vfl 100.1 is close to 400 dollars might as well get a Q1-2200 for a few extra dollars.
If you decide to brand match, holler at mylows10 on here. He could probably get you a good deal, he's an AB dealer, I think. I've got a dealer here in southern Louisiana. I'd have to see if he ships. His prices are well below retail. He's got the ph2500 for $250, 1250 RMS. Same build house as massive nano. I'm getting one as soon as work picks up or a ph4000.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.