Help choosing fuses and distribution blocks.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nihil6686

CarAudio.com Newbie
I plan on purchasing the following:

Component Speakers for the lower deck and tweeters on the sail panel. No speakers in the rear deck.
Kicker 47KSS504
--------------------------------
2 channel amp driving the components at 100 RMS x 2
Rockford Fosgate Punch P300X2
---------------------------------------
Kicker Subwoofer 600 RMS @ 2 Ohms.
Kicker 44DCWC122
---------------------------------------------------------
Mono Subwoofer Amp power Kicker Sub wired running 600 RMS @ 2 Ohms.
Kicker 46CXA800.1T

My question is what size inline fuse will I need at the battery and what size fuses would I use with the fused distribution block? The plan was to run 4 gauge power wire (fused) from the battery to a fused distribution block and then branch off to each amp using one 4 gauge to the sub amp (Kicker) and 8 gauge to the Rockford Fosgate Punch amp. Also, what size ground wires would I use for both amps? Could I just use 4 gauge to the distro block and then 4 gauge to each amp rather than 4 gauge to one amp and 8 gauge to the other amp? Do the ground wires need to match the power wire going to each amp? Thanks.

I plan on purchasing the following:

Component Speakers for the lower deck and tweeters on the sail panel. No speakers in the rear deck.
Kicker 47KSS504
--------------------------------
2 channel amp driving the components at 100 RMS x 2
Rockford Fosgate Punch P300X2
---------------------------------------
Kicker Subwoofer 600 RMS @ 2 Ohms.
Kicker 44DCWC122
---------------------------------------------------------
Mono Subwoofer Amp power Kicker Sub wired running 600 RMS @ 2 Ohms.
Kicker 46CXA800.1T

My question is what size inline fuse will I need at the battery and what size fuses would I use with the fused distribution block? The plan was to run 4 gauge power wire (fused) from the battery to a fused distribution block and then branch off to each amp using one 4 gauge to the sub amp (Kicker) and 8 gauge to the Rockford Fosgate Punch amp. Also, what size ground wires would I use for both amps? Could I just use 4 gauge to the distro block and then 4 gauge to each amp rather than 4 gauge to one amp and 8 gauge to the other amp? Do the ground wires need to match the power wire going to each amp? Thanks.
RF- p3002 Requires a 40amp fuse by specs and recommend 4ga ground and supply wiring
Kicker 46CXA800.1T requires an 80 amp fuse by specs and 4ga group and power supply wiring
I would run 0ga fused @150 to 200 ANL at the battery to a fused Distro Block and a 0ga ground wire to a Solid Distib. block. 4ga supply and ground wiring to both amps from distro blocks. If you have light dimming issues... I recommend getting the Big3 done on 0ga or 1/0 ga

Is this on a boat? What's a sail panel? Grounds need to match positive wires, as it's all the same circuit. Ampacity going to block needs be sufficient for everything on the block. Ampacity from block to amp needs to be sufficient for the component it supplies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...