Help choosing an amp for 400 rms subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
whats the bandpass box tuned to? make sure you set the sub sonic filter giving them that

much power or you risk blowing them easily... also what ohm load do you need the juice at?

if you asking what to get (if i understand correctly) your looking for an el cheapo amp that

will give you 800 watts x 1 @ 2 ohm rms... if you wire the subs in parallel.

profile has cheap good quality amps that would probably do you good, but you'd probably

be better off getting a used amp from the classifieds

yes they are single voice coil.. and the box with the subs in them has a total of 400 rms so do i need 800 rms for my amp or 400 rms? which way would be the best way to wire them, 4 ohms or 2 ohms parallel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.