help amping system

Participant count
  • Participant list

bizza
10+ year member

Florida
Greetings!

Anyways, a little backgroud here.. My car is a Rav4, with 1 speaker on each of the 4 doors... my first speaker "upgrade" was getting 4 infinity reference coaxials... I still have them in my car, but they lack what I was looking for...

so I started my research, read on many forums and whatnot... first thing I did was to deaden all of my doors and trunk (using mostly raamat and then some damplifier pro), and a layer of ensolite... now my ride is much quieter!!

but the infinities still ******... so I got convinced to try a diy active setup up front...

So I bought an aura (http://www.aurasound.com) 4x50 channel amp. I bought a pair of Aurum Cantus G2 ribbons, 2 carbon Audax midranges and a pair of Dayton rs280 midbasses... but, when I finally got all these speakers, well, the dayton didnt fit without heavy modification, the ribbons were faaaaar too large, and I never built the kickpanels for the midranges... so needless to say this was pretty much a waste of money... by now, they are just taking shelf space...

I then noticed that I was severly lacking bass, so I got a phoenix gold rsd10, for a nice price... i'll put this in a small sealed box in the trunk...

So finally (if anyone is still readining lol) I settled on the Polk SR6500. After tons of research, I decided to buy this as opposed to the MB Quart QSD and JL Audio ZRs, based on my preference for a smooth tweet and overall great sw. I hope I made a good decision....

My question here is geared as to how I should power these speakers compared to the rest of my system. I have the following options:

1. Run 150x2 rms from my Aura 2300 amp to the SR6500, infinity rear off HU and 150x1 to the rsd10 sub (bridged channels from my Aura 4200)

2. Run 150x2 rms to the sr6500, 50x2 to infinity rearfill, and 150x1 to rsd10 sub (2ch bridged from 4 ch amp)

2. Bi-amp the sr6500 with my 4 channel Aura (4x50rms), infinity rear fill off HU, and 450x1 rms to my rsd10 sub from the 2300 2 ch amp bridged

3. Go back to stock speakers and kill myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks for reading my loooong post and helping me out!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.