[Help] Amp(s) have no output after so many seconds?

I can almost guarantee you that your sub was messed up to begin with and shorting out internally at the voice coil causing your amp to shut down but not go into full protection I've seen it happen before your new Alpine amp should be stable at 2 ohms can't remember on that exact model but before you buy a sub Google the amp and find out what the lowest manufacturer recommended ohm load is and buy a sub compatible to that ohm there is tons of great options 4 Subs that will be happy with that power in your price range some of the guys on here keep up on that stuff a lot more than I do so I'll let them give you recommendations
I suspect the same. Just it was working, and then all of sudden - dead. Interesting, I kept it in my house while not using it. In my opinion, I didn't beat it to death because I'm not really one to have the bass knob turned up most of the time.

Regardless, I've purchased an Alpine SWS10D4 10" and hopefully that'll suit the job.

That exact song, seriously? Coincidence or just bad luck for me?
Not sure about your past comment. I've had numerous Boss items die on me now from subs to amps to headunits. But I knew and accepted that fact going in. By cheap to hold you over until you can get something better. Either way, that is my opinion.
yeah let us help u pick next sub #no more boss

You simply can't blame a song for blowing your cheap Boss gear. It's not the songs fault, rather the user's faulty equipment, and oh lets see what this button does, boom!! done for. Save up $$, quit buying cheap gear and buy better brands.

You simply can't blame a song for blowing your cheap Boss gear. It's not the songs fault, rather the user's faulty equipment, and oh lets see what this button does, boom!! done for. Save up $$, quit buying cheap gear and buy better brands.
I bought that Boss gear while I was a student. It was all I could afford to spend on novelty items at the time. I stated I bought an Alpine. I wanted the type-r if not just for durability, but I think the s series will do just fine for my needs.

I don't blame the song. It's just what happened in my case. It literally has some killer lows. :p Side note, being happy is a choice.

Be sure to look into "setting amplifier gain with dmm". otherwise you may be in the same situation soon. Gain knob needs to be set very precisely to not kill your gear.

And what Papermaker said " BAD GROUND". ensure you scrap the paint clean before you bolt your ring terminal down.

Edit: 3 min video on how to set gain

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.