Help: Amp popping noise!? Planet Audio 1250D...

kSwift
10+ year member

CA
Hello CarAudio Forums. Still kind of new to this, but I have ran into a few problems. If you guys could give me a little advice that would be great, thanks!

Ok, so yesterday I decided to install some 6x9's in my 1997 Integra. Unhooked my subs (Diamond D3 10s). Took out the stock 6x9's and replaced them with Hertz DCX 690's. After I played the 6x9's on different songs I decided to see how it would sound with my sub hooked back up.

Hooked up the subs again. Fuse blew near the battery (40A). Replaced the fuse with a local Car Shop's Fuses (O'Reily's). Amp turns on, not in protect mode. Gains set at 0, subsonic at 30, LPF at 0, Bass boost at 0. Settings are at Master and 0 degrees for the Phase Shift.

The amp itself does not smell at all. It worked perfectly fine before I installed the 6x9's. Now all of a sudden it makes a loud popping sound through my Subs. Unhooked the RCA's from the HU(Pionner 8300UB) and still made popping noises from just being on. Seems like a power surge from the amp to the subs? Which is making my subs bottom out...

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Set-Up.

HU - Pioneer 8300UB

Speakers - Alpine Type-S 610C/Hertz DCX 690

Amp - Planet Audio 1250D.

Is it popping when turning on/turning off or the entire times its playing?
As soon as i plug in my HU, which is remotely wired to my amp, the amp itself, without being connected to the HU through the RCA's makes the subs pop. The popping generally starts off as 1 or 2 pops at a low tone. Then it starts to increase gradually and i shut it off at the 4th pop. The HU is set at 0 volume. Nothing plugged in, no music playing, just turning it on..

Is it possible that the power wire is touching the remote input? Even a couple strands?
Does it stop at all or does keep going on.
It doesn't look like they are touching. I unhooked the power, twisted it a bit and put it back in. Then unhooked the remote and did the same thing to the ground. And it keeps going on, getting louder and louder the longer i leave it on

output shorted to the ground. u are getting dc current to the speaker.
Thanks for your input, any idea on how to fix that problem? Sorry, kind of new to all the Amp wiring, etc.

Alright so after a few days I have no idea what I am doing anymore. Changed the ground and then now it just switches from power to protect, constantly. I even got my boy to hook up his T500-1bdCP and it does the same exact thing... Tried to put a Hifonics zxi80.4 and it didn't turn on at all. Is my voltage on my car too low to even power the amps now? Someone give me some advice.. I am confused to the S*** Any help is appreciated. Thank you forums. Oh yeah, I am using Kicker Hyperflex 4 Gauge wire... 150 ANL Fuse. Doesn't make any sense....

did you sand down your grounding location? try plugging an ipod into the sub inputs and see if it still does it? are you using a distribution block? are you sure you replaced it with the right fuse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.