Participant count
  • Participant list

cinaibur

I'll try and get right to the point. This is my new system:

Kenwood KIV-BT900 head unit

Alpine SPX-17PRO components

Alpine PDX-5 Amp

Memphis 10" Sub

When I turn the volume up to where the sub and my woofers sound good, the tweeters are about to blow my brains out. Should I be making adjustements from my head unit of with the HPF on the amp?

Alright. I'll do that when I get home. I have the LPF on the sub set to 100Hz because it is a shallow mount sub in a sealed box in my passenger footwell. Should I set a filter for the 6.5" woofers in the doors? or is that handled by the crossover as well?

I don't know how you have things wired. If you have the components hooked up to an amp then yeah you should set the HPF to cover the rest of the range set it to around 100 if your speakers can handle that without clipping at the volume you listen to. If they start clipping turn the filter up untill the clipping stops.

Alright. I turned the HPF on and set it to 100Hz, and set the crossovers to -3db. The components sound 1000 times better! I discovered a new problem by doing this though. My sub is not on. How do I diagnose this problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.