Help a total newb?

Towel

I just want to replace the stock system on my 2004 Explorer with something that sounds better. Right now all I have is this head unit because I wanted bluetooth -_- (Pioneer DEH-P6100BT if the link isn't working)

I have employee discount at Best Buy and was hoping to get 4 speakers, a sub and an amp for the sub for around $500-$700. Our discount is roughly 50-60% off all retail prices on the Best Buy website so figure in the $1,300 range retail. (also no tax because the store is in delaware).

Any suggestions or am I on my own? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif The guy working in the car audio dept. recommended an Alpine amp, infinity kappa speakers and a Type-R sub... wish I had written down the models but I was on the clock and had to get back to pretending to work.

I was going to give you my opinions, so I looked at Best Buy's website. The pickings are slim, dude. I hear a lot of people bashing Best Buy, but I had no idea it was that bad.

I was going to give you my opinions, so I looked at Best Buy's website. The pickings are slim, dude. I hear a lot of people bashing Best Buy, but I had no idea it was that bad.
Yeah I thought the selection would be better online but I think there are actually a few things in-store that aren't listed on the website for some reason...
I just don't know whose advice to trust, the one guy seems like he knows his stuff but can't really explain a lot of the technical details (i.e. what the different ohm ratings meant for amps).

I just want to put something together that will sound good and not explode //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I thought they carried the alpine HU
NVM how bout a 9886
I bet if you got to know anyone working at your local BB they'd hook you up. Most people on the floor are just part-time and don't really care about their job... not like best buy pays well or anything.

u can still buy cheaper online then with a discount at best buy, my friend works at best buy and always tells me the good deals he can get on stuff untill one day he told me the actual price he can get stuff

Defiantly try to search around here for a couple weeks, and do homework. In the long run, you will be extremely glad to be able to get a nice set-up off here for $500-700 vs. the shiit system you can get from Best Buy. Just my .02cents. If you don't want to do that, get some type arghs, and a alpine amp and comps.

u can still buy cheaper online then with a discount at best buy, my friend works at best buy and always tells me the good deals he can get on stuff untill one day he told me the actual price he can get stuff
Are there good audio wholesalers online or something? We basically pay the wholesale cost for everything... not sure how anyone could sell stuff online at cost or below and still turn a profit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Defiantly try to search around here for a couple weeks, and do homework. In the long run, you will be extremely glad to be able to get a nice set-up off here for $500-700 vs. the shiit system you can get from Best Buy. Just my .02cents. If you don't want to do that, get some type arghs, and a alpine amp and comps.
Right now I'm trying to read about amps and most of it might as well be written in japanese //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Do I need to get a 5 channel amp if I want to power a sub + 4 speakers, or is this just a stupid idea in the first place? The guy in our store said get a mono amp and none for the speakers...

Use Crutchfield.com and the "Outfit My Car" feature to see what fits (HU, Amps, Speakers, etc.) for your car...just don't buy from there as they are typically full retail. You can get all the specs and then search on eBay...great deals out there on good shit. That's what I do anyways. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.