Help a noobie out

swalk386
10+ year member

Maybe u guys can help me out a lil bit better. I have a Ford Escape 4 cyclinder wit a small battery smh...but i added the battery of an Grand Marquis to help out with power. Im adding a Yellow Top pretty soon and upgrading my Alt a lil bit later....

I currently have an Hifonics bxi2608 but i plan on upgrading that to better suit the sub i get. budget i dnt wanna spend no more than $600 for my amp.

i want 18'' sub to be between 2000-4000 rms.... the sub would b a daily and will b ran at 1ohm or lower. Sub will be in a ported box.

can sumbody help me out wit my setup up or where to start????

it was recommend to try my post here... they said you guys would be more suited for this... im not starting a new one to waste anybody's time just lookin for some assistance ....

and as for the 20cu ft box aint gonna happen i drive a ford escape its a small suv i still wanna keep my back seat.

People were just giving you **** man. 20 cubes? Think about it..... That's bigger than your whole Escape, LOL! There's a few 18's for sale on here. Look around. And I think your amp will be plenty to push just about any 18. You can upgrade if you'd like but going down to lower than 1 ohm on a daily drive setup is kind of foolish to me. By the way, most 18's you'll probably get by with 5-6 cubes.

thats a good one lol .....i dnt want to under power the sub and blow it.....yea it'll b a tight fit but i can squeeze it in witout losing my back seat with the rite box

what would u sugguest for a daily drive setup then

Why an eighteen if I may ask?????
Same question I had. And you'll NEVER blow a sub underpowering it. I don't know who told you this but it ain't true. I think if you're going for loud and taking up the same space with the amp and the budget you've got you could do more damage with a couple 15's. But that's just me. 18's are kinda playin' with the big boys. My suggestion to you is go over to the subwoofer classifieds and pick out an 18 if that's what you're stuck on or buy one off Ebay or whatever and talk to pro-rabbit or ram on here. They'll build a box to your specs (space, what you like to listen to, etc....)

Come on man, I rock 20 cubes in a VW beetle..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Seriously, I might as well say DC Audio before some other person says it.... What are your goals? SQ, SPL? You can get some seriously good sounding subs in that power range and you can also get some junk depending on your overall goals and buget. The LMS Ultra 18 would be one of the best imho,

TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" DVC Subwoofer 293-666

And the above mentioned sub from parts express is in your price range. And seeing as how your Hifonics amp pushes 2600 rms @ 1 ohm you should be good. I'm sure the sub can take more but for now you're going to want to spend that last 500 bucks you got on an enclosure for that beast!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.