Help a noob build a system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

sdfusion
10+ year member

Hey guys and thanks in advance. I used to be into the more mainstream side of car audio. About 12 years ago I had a 1999 mercury cougar with 2 JL W6s, powered by Zapco and dynaudio door speakers.

I have since gotten married and now slowed down a bit. My wife has given me permission to build a fun car again! So far i have the Pioneer Appradio 2. What im looking for is a pair of 10s that wont take up alot of trunk space (still need to get groceries). I also was looking at picking up 2 sets of Pioneer TS-D1720C. Im looking for clarity but i also want to let my wife know that im coming home from a few houses down.

budget right now its sitting at about $700.

Ok so lets make a list to help everyone out here.

You need:

Wire

Enclosure

Sub(s)

Amp(s)

Speakers(mids/highs)

And you budget is $700 total?

What is your goal for your system? I think for the most part if you are looking at $700 just for product you may be just fine. Wiring can be picked up cheap on here as can many other items.

Depending on your goals and the power you want to push to mids/highs and any subs you should be ok with that budget.

well the goal is to conserve space so if 1 12 can save space over 2 10s then im down.

I was looking at an Re Audio Sex10d4 10" and maybe look for a pioneer amp to power it? Then go with the pioneer TS-D1720C for inside but im WIDE open to suggestions.

Well the 12 I have is right at home in 1.5-2 cubes ported and I also have a power bass xa3000 to push it I even have a set of pioneer tsd components only thing is I am looking for $700 just for sub and amp I have a bunch of wire here if you want to try and work a deal on a complete setup I can even build a nice Aero ported box.

You can get a new boston SPG555 for less than 300, only needs 1 cubic foot and sounds great in that small box. With 700 dollars you can get a really nice sounding system if you look in the classifieds here and what not.

If you are ok with used then you open up a whole new world of options.

I would look at a couple 10s or a single 12 in a nice enclosure. Keep it simple with around 600 rms or so.

If you want to go used I can get you a dual 10" setup or a single 12" setup for a good price with enclosure. You would just have to get an amp or amps and your mids highs and wire.

For amps you can skim through here and find a good 1krms @ 1 ohm for $150 shipped and then your off to your mids/highs and wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.