Help a Kid out

SoulCavy
10+ year member

So last night/this morn. I was out side getting ready to take my amp out my car and put my new one in..I put the new one in fine...put in on the bac on my bac seat where most of us have are amps...But i guess i didnt do as good of a job as i thought i did wit the wires...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif and the ground wire and the power wire touch and made a nice little sound...I already new that this was gonna cut the amp off...as it has done it be4 but the amp went into protect and when i cut the car off and cut it bac on everything was fine...but this time was different..The amp didnt cut bac on my deck came on fine and the Ground and power wire when they touch dont spark anymore...SO can someone tell me what happend..and if ill have to replace the amp or what

If we took every thread like this that could have been prevented by disconnecting the negative battery terminal first before starting work...it'd be longer than the Type R thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Let me see if I understand this- your ground and power wire touched, made a spark, and your amp quit.

Then, you decide to touch the SAME WIRES together again, to see what would happen?

Wow....................just, wow.

Anyway, check your fuse.

And dont touch power and ground wires together.

man thats what i thought...On my other amp my fuse never blew...it just went protect and cut bac on...and touching the wires together dont do anything really...only when they are connected to the amp...that why i did it to see if i was still getting a charge from them...plus it looks pretty cool....

that why i did it to see if i was still getting a charge from them...plus it looks pretty cool....
Man your gonna be pissed for me saying this but I think half the people on the board are already thinking this, You are clearly to stupid to use this gear, you should return your stuff before you light your **** car on fire.

man thats what i thought...On my other amp my fuse never blew...it just went protect and cut bac on...and touching the wires together dont do anything really...only when they are connected to the amp...that why i did it to see if i was still getting a charge from them...plus it looks pretty cool....

yeah, because touching power and ground wires is the best way to tell if the power wire has juice or not.

I always touch the pos and neg cables to check for spark. How else are you going to tell if you have enough proton and neutrons?

SoulCavy, you ovbiously have to many neutrons on your cables so go down to the local pigglywiggly and get yourself a fresh can. LOL...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.