HELP!!! 99 Jeep cherokee factory stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

neobigs44

OK, heres the deal. I have a 99 jeep grand cherokee with the infinity gold audio system in it. Problem is is that the tweeters have blown in the dash. I know there is websites that offer some plug and play replacements but everyone seems to think they are garbage. Also one of my front door woofers that play the highs is muffled so im assuming its bad too. My question/questions is

1) Can i buy new front door 3 or 4 way speakers with tweeters built in and run those and not use the dash speakers at all?

2) if so, how do i make the lows and highs go to the doors and not just the highs?

3)if not, What is a good fix without going back with the factory replacements.

Any help would be appreciated, thx

An easy fix would be to put a small midrange into the tweeter spots. I think a 3" or even 4" will fit in there and just replace the stock woofers in the doors. That is if you plan on leaving the stock amp and head unit.

is there much customizing that is needed to be done because the tweeters were only 2.5 inches
I saw a write up somewhere from a guy with a jeep like ours and he took the old factory tweeter out and hollowed out the mount completely and mounted his new midrange in there. The problem with putting a tweeter back in that spot is from the factory amp its crossed to low and thats why they blow so easy. Mine have been un hooked since I got the Jeep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.