Help!!! 4 speakers, 1 sub, powered by 1 4 channel amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rmeekerwrx

ring & Sub...

First post here, so if I am missing any details I apologize.

My current setup includes:

Head Unit - JVC KW-NT500HDT Front Door Speakers - AlpineSPR-606.5" Type-R Rear Door Speakers - AlpineSPS-410 4"Type-S Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4 1000 watt peak power, Class A/B, 2/3/4 channel. Cadence 2 Farad Capacitor.

I was very limited in speaker options due to weird sizes of my WRX.

My main question is about adding a sub. I have the amp and capacitor already mounted on a custom rack and really do not want to change it. Is it possible to parallel wire the four speakers to channel 1/2 and then bridge channel 3/4 and wire the sub to that?

I am also not sure what type of sub to go with? I am leaning towards as an Alpine type R 12" as I know this will fit in the box I have. But I am not sure If I should go with 2 or 4 ohms, and if I should go with single or dual voice coils, also what powerlevelitshould be?

Any advice would help and be extremely appreciated as I am not too knowledgeable when it gets into the fine details of things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.