Help, 3way load

Participant count
  • Participant list

614Emil

CarAudio.com Newbie
Norway
Can i bridge an 4 ch amp to 2ch and run focal kx3 3way on 4ohm load to each side?

Do they run on 4ohm when not bi-amped?

When bi-amped would the midbass get a 4 ohm load and the midrange and tweeter gets a 2ohm load since they are all 4 ohm?

Yes, using the x/o would give you a 4 ohm nom. impedance. Bridging a 4 ch is a good way to optimize power while having all the customization options through the x/o.

If you bi amp and run the mid/tweet parallel, again, yes, you should have a 2 ohm nom. load there.

Yes, using the x/o would give you a 4 ohm nom. impedance. Bridging a 4 ch is a good way to optimize power while having all the customization options through the x/o.

If you bi amp and run the mid/tweet parallel, again, yes, you should have a 2 ohm nom. load there.

Thx i will try that :)

worked wonderfully! drove 6 hours over the mountain after install/change, less distortion at lower volume and more fully sounded bass.
need more soundproofing for my doors now ^^

it was
4 x 125wrms @ 4 ohm
now:
2 x 365wrms @ 4 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.