Helicopter like noise from subs

Dis_Disc
10+ year member

UMMMM
Ok here my equipment

4 15 L5's dual 4 ohm

pioneer 8600

autotek mx 3000.1

i just finish hooking everything together and when i power up the amp with out the sub out put from the deck on i hear this noise coming form the subs that sounds like a helicopter the noise gets louder as i increase the gain what can the problem be

I've had this problem before and it was comming from the HU. It's a problem with pioneers and it's happened w/ them twice. In both cases I switched out the HU and the problem was fixed.

checking for bad grounds: leave everything connected and on and playing music and the "noise". If you disconnect the RCA's while all this is going on and the noise is still there, it's bad grounds. If you disconnect the RCA's and the noise is gone, the noise is being induced somewhere between the deck(including the deck itself) and the end of the RCA's at the amp.

its a problem with your pioneer head unit. it only seems to happen with the regular pioneer models and not the premier models.

i had a customer come in with her pioneer 6600 head unit into BB yesterday and she had 2 12" infinitys on an 801D and she had the same problem. i found out that it was the sub output that was bad. the only thing is, when the pioneer reps test it they dont find the problem cause it only happens in the car not on a bench test.

what i did was i changed the sub wires to the rear output on the HU. then you must turn the deck off and hold down function to go into the advanced settings, also were you change the clock. now make it so your rear ouput acts like the sub out and your good to go.

if you are using amps for your highs you might run into a problem with that option but if you are not and your highs are powered off of you HU then your all good to go.

i love pioneer HU but this porblem needs to be fixed ASAP. pioneer needs to learn to fix this problem

It could either be a bad ground trace in the headunit, or a bad ground on the amp or hell the amp might just be bad. Ground the radio to the chasis to see if it help.

LOL I'm currently having the exact same problem and I've tryed different HU, Subs, Amp, Wiring, grounding points and nothing has fiixed it I can't even imagine what could be wrong with mine so get back to me if you fix yours

i called a service center near my house today and they told me the reason this is happening. with pioneer units.

it is because of a poor ground on the amplifier. not the deck. and what it does is it will blow a surface mount fuse on circuit board. once it has happend you will need to fix the unit and it is easy for a service center to fix it.

one way to make sure it does not happen it to solder a ground wire onto the shield of the rcas and gorund it so that it will not feed back into the unit.

or if you make your own rcas you could diode isolate them so it can not back feed through the system.

and the reason it does not blow on some units is because it might have a bigger fuse on it. or it could not be fused at all.

so that is the reason behind it. hope that helps everyone.

I have minimized the noise coming from my Pioneer Deck by cleaning off grounding spot for amp with paint stripper then making it rough with use of a dremel. I taped around the rca cables electrical tape, grounded radio with stock ground. This gave me alot less noise but when my sub output is off i still get audio going to the subs for some reason,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.