Headunit Wiring Woes! HELP!

biggestlou

I need help badddddd! in my 1993 BMW 325i (e36) i need to replace the headunit, i already cut all the wires and i have the speaker ones right but the other 5 or six wires are not working! My current Connections: *Left being from my car, right being from my headunit.

Red/white stripe (Battery) -- Orange/White stripe (illumination) and Blue/ White Stripe. (i think remote turn on.

(All In one big bunch) Purple/ White Stripe(switched 12v) and white (turn on) -- Yellow (Battery) and Red (accessory)

Brown(Ground)--- Black(ground)

Black/white stripe (Constant 12v) -- BLUE WIRE (FROM AMP)

If anyone can help get me out of this Cluster F*** i would be so happy! I just wanna listen to my L5 BUMP! Thanks In advanced. ask any questions you need and i will try to answer!

Why did u cut up your wires? Wire it back like it was and get the correct harness. Otherwise you will have to get a diagram for your car.

One 12 v is a constant. It means it is on all the time. This is used for the internal memory of the head unit. The other is a 12 v accessory which will only be on when you turn the key on. If you're not sure which of the factory wires is which, connect a multimeter to one and ground it with the key off and see if it has power. One of them should have power with the key off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.