Headunit under 300

At that price, you can get most head units...unless you are trying to buy them at a local store.

At that high of a price, you'll have to narrow it down even more, as you get a lot more for you money than you could have just a few years ago. What else is important?

do you want to play CDs?

do you want to play DVDs?

aux and USB in the front or at all?

How many file folders would you have on one storage device?

video play back

full color?

wallpaper display

are you going to use an amp? (some units have better internal amps than others)

Detachable face (I was suprised that today that not all 1-DIN units have a removeable face)

Subwoofer level control?

Bluetooth

Sat radio

Illumination colors

My favorite right now is the Kenwood KIV-700, but has no detachable face, no disc player, and no blue tooth. But the intuitive controls, high choice of illumination colors (green for my car), easy to see and navigate screen, quick access to the subwoofer control, and being USB hub freindly, made it top of my list. The non-detachable face is the only thing holding me back from buying it.

I'm also very interested in getting a new steel wheel control head unit under $300, and take off my old stock radio.

Steel wheel control HU seems convenient to me when driving, do you have any experience about that? Is it really so useful and necessary?

I'm now looking into Eonon, since I don't wanna break a bank, they declare to have up to 50% off now! hmmm... I'm struggling between D2208 with steel wheel control, and D2202, which is without it, and cheaper. Which should I choose, any opinion?

Kenwood KC X-693 or above.
The X-993 should be right around 300~ IIRC.
Actually WAAAYYYY less than that. Try $170 shipped. Make sure you like the monochromatic screen though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.