Headunit sending bad signal? I need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

big12gage

US
90% of the time my music sounds great. The problem I'm seeing is in certain bass heavy songs, the tweeters will try to play the bad and you can hear what sounds like a high pitched rattle nose. Cross overs on Headunit and amp are set, speakers are focal access 6.5" coaxial in all 4. I'm positive it's not coming from the subs. And I have switched out a new pair of speakers to see if the retweets were blown but i can still hear it. I also bought a new 4 channel amp but I'm still getting the same problem. Any help would appreciated.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

HU is a Kenwood kmm-bt318u. Only 2.5v for preouts but I have had the HPF set at 100hz for front and back, tried 150, and I've tried at 250. Right now I'm keeping them at 180hz with a slope of -24db and I still get the noise. The old 4 channel was a Hifonics brutus 616.4 and I swapped it out just the other day for a skar rp75-4. I like the skar better but the same problem still comes through. And I have checked all grounds and I even MO ed the 4 channel amps ground to a new spot. No luck so far. I'm wondering if it's the Headunit....

Yeah that's what I thought. It was suppose to be a quick replacememt Headunit and it just kinda stayed there. I want the Kenwood KDC-x702 which says it has 5v preouts. I like the Kenwood I have now just wanted more volts anyway. Any other sweet HU that you recommend?

Yeah that's what I thought. It was suppose to be a quick replacememt Headunit and it just kinda stayed there. I want the Kenwood KDC-x702 which says it has 5v preouts. I like the Kenwood I have now just wanted more volts anyway. Any other sweet HU that you recommend?
that head unit is not gonna work, no kenwood head unit on the market is active capable aka none of them does what you what it to do crossover wise. NONE. sorry to say but their head units are just for basic setups with coaxials or components with crossovers. They have zero capability to run active networks which is what you want to do.

Lets back up... are these the coaxes?https://www.crutchfield.com/S-o9OSea9shqw/p_091165AC/Focal-Performance-165AC.html

Your hu is basic yes... but if you are running coax... I fail to see why the discussion is about a fully active setup... do those coax have dual inputs?.. are you using some component tweeters?..
Yes those are the speakers I have in my car, exact same ones. And no they only have a single input for wiring. I don't have any extra tweeters or anything, those 4 speakers alone are really bright with the music and sound good but that annoying bass rattle I can't get rid of

Lets back up... are these the coaxes?https://www.crutchfield.com/S-o9OSea9shqw/p_091165AC/Focal-Performance-165AC.html

Your hu is basic yes... but if you are running coax... I fail to see why the discussion is about a fully active setup... do those coax have dual inputs?.. are you using some component tweeters?..
i was about to ask the same thing. These coaxes arent biampable without doing some serious tinkering, so the deck isnt the issue despite it being a lower end unit

Yes those are the speakers I have in my car, exact same ones. And no they only have a single input for wiring. I don't have any extra tweeters or anything, those 4 speakers alone are really bright with the music and sound good but that annoying bass rattle I can't get rid of
where is the rattle coming from? are you sure its the speakers? have you tried using some roadkill or other sound deadening material around and behind them?

It's a high pitched ringing vibration noise. Follows along with the bass. And I have bought a set of skar tx6.5 and tried those. Same deal

Have you disconnected the RCAs starting with the subs to isolate the problem?.. maybe connect one at a time and duplicate it?.. Idk.. high pitched ringing is so far from anything I've encountered it's got me stumped... sounds like metal on metal... crackling?.

Snapping?..but ringing?

Annoying bass rattle huh?.. if its not crossover points something's become loose and is rattling

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.