Baffle or no baffle

Participant count
  • Participant list

2023 LTZ

CarAudio.com Exclusive
USA
Recently did some deadening which is noticeable but I can’t say for sure it’s helping the sound. It definitely eliminated many of the rattles. I ordered some speaker baffles in sort of a knee jerk response to something I can’t explain yet I ordered them. The front 6.75s had a plastic drip shield that I’m sure was effective in preventing drips from hitting them.
The rear 6x9 and 3.5s are in the trunk and aren’t exposed to water. Do these baffles really help sound reproduction or is it a gimmick? My hesitation comes from the free air standpoint. If air cools the vc those baffles will certainly reduce exposure to air.
The doors are fully deadened and mostly sealed w the exception of the couple mounting holes.
They seem like something that may be beneficial if deadening hadn’t happened but since it has its more of a needless redundancy.

Yes they can help they way you are thinking. You may only hear a minor difference but every time I have used them on the front speakers of anything I've installed regardless of vehicle it has helped. Mine for the fronts the Explorer has that grill and with the 6.5 midbass in there it was a inch or so from the grill that sealed that right up for the sound to go through the grill instead of bouncing around the inside of the door. Some say it doesn't work some say it does. For the cost yeah to me it is worth the time and effort. As I said I noticed a difference in my vehicles.

I did see those w that skirt that bridges the gap you refer between speaker lip and door grill and these don’t have that. Just flat behind the door panel.
I suppose I’ll try ‘em.
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...