headlights dimming on my 2011 hyundai elantra...need advice on what to do next??

Participant count
  • Participant list

dizz10dizz

Alright guys, i have a 2011 hyundai elantra limited and here is everything i did to it.

Alternator has power rating of 90 amps

Ran 2 gauge power and ground wires with a xxx 2 farad capacitor.

I have a RE MX 18" 2 ohm DVC and it is wired at 4 ohms right now and its 1500 rms.

18" Competition subwoofer

Dual 2 ohm voice coils

3000 watts peak

1,500 watts RMS rated

A concept cd-2410 that is:

RMS Power 600W x 1 @ 4 Ohm

RMS Power 1150W x 1 @ 2 Ohm

RMS Power 2410W x 1 @ 1 Ohm

Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB

Frequency Response: 5Hz - 250Hz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.1%

with the gain all the way down it still dims my headlights pretty bad even at 4 ohm

My question is what should i do next? I plan on doing the Big 3 and either want to rebuild my alternator to a higher amperage or get a dry cell battery to put in the trunk...What do you guys think my next move should be? Should i just abandon my RE and get a smaller sub and call it quits?? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.