headlight troubles

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert420
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
geneva ne
i recently bought a 4x6 HID conversion kit. the only thing stopping me is the clips that hold the adjustment screws are broken. i can't find any replacement clips locally. does anyone know a website that may have them? before i used wooden shims to hold the lights in place. but i would like to do it right the first time with the HIDs

You should have tried LED's, better output and no waiting to warm up. The OEM HID has a shield in the housing while non HID housing doesn't, your beam pattern will scatter than being focused at it's objective. I wouldn't want to be in front of you because no matter how much you adjust your height, it will always shine where you don't want it to. Now LED's has the same length as the replacement bulbs, the light's focal point would be the same unlike HID's which are all the same length.

well i already got the HIDs. after looking everywhere for the last month, i found something that'll work.

as far as the clips, they are on one side of the headlight, as well as on the top. for adjusting the light

What clip broke? Pic? Obviously wood can catch fire if in proximity to the heat from the lamp.
You may need to replace the headlights.
the two clips that hold the lamp bucket. used to adjust the lights. they are broken. i cannot find any locally. the wood will not catch fire. it is wedged in on the bottom to hold the lights in place. replacing the headlights has nothing to do with the adjusting clips being broken. either way i'm swapping them out with new HID housings anyway

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

robert420

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
robert420
geneva ne
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date