Head unit won't power on... help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

subcons

My battery went dead in my Accord this past weekend. Yesterday while jumping it, I blew my battery fuse on my main fuse block, so my dash wouldn't light up at all after that. Today I dropped a new battery in and replaced the fuse and now the car starts. Problem is, now my head unit won't power on at all. Another odd thing is my dash clock won't come on either--not sure if they're related, just felt it's worth mentioning.

I've checked the fuses which would be related to the problem and those all look fine. I yanked out my head unit and checked all the connections and the ground as well as the fuse in the back of the unit itself, checked out fine. So now I'm left wondering what happened when I blew the fuse on my main block because before that is the last time it powered up. Also maybe worth noting, in addition to the head I've got some aftermarket speakers, two subs and an amp hooked up.

Did I fry my stereo, or am I missing something? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Any input would be appreciated.

after you check your deck if it works recheck al your fuses somtimes there still good and you just need to wiggle them.i had the same problem in a friends truck instaling a head unit we thought the battery was dead and all the fuses where fine but then it turned on when we played around wit the fuses

Originally posted by bass maniak after you check your deck if it works recheck al your fuses somtimes there still good and you just need to wiggle them.i had the same problem in a friends truck instaling a head unit we thought the battery was dead and all the fuses where fine but then it turned on when we played around wit the fuses
how come you have a pic of the almighty shitty jl and none of your system is jl...not trying to be a dick..go get a pioneer sign...

D

Originally posted by bass maniak after you check your deck if it works recheck al your fuses somtimes there still good and you just need to wiggle them.i had the same problem in a friends truck instaling a head unit we thought the battery was dead and all the fuses where fine but then it turned on when we played around wit the fuses
how come you have a pic of the almighty shitty jl and none of your system is jl...not trying to be a dick..go get a pioneer sign...

D

Don't have a battery charger, so I guess I'll go through and check all my fuses tomorrow. Didn't want to do that but seems I'll have to. Could be a relay if that doesn't do the trick. Last resort I'll hook it up to my friends car when I get the chance.

Thanks for the replies. See what I can come up with.

If anyone has more input in the meantime, keep it coming.

Problem solved.

A fuse it was indeed. The one that blew was the ECU Clock under the hood. Missed that one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.