Head unit not storing settings when power off

If yellow goes to yellow as the 12v constant.Why would the blue yellow /blue white incorrect wiring cause the memory to not be stored.

Sorry, but I am trying to understand what’s happening rather than just fix it
Because your HU is wired incorrectly. The light blue/yellow wire should go with remote steering wheel controls, as described by the diagram. Red/yellow wires go together. Loss has already answered your question in regards to saving pre settings or anything else.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

I was sick for some time
Ah.....health issues 1st. Gotcha.

If you do red and yellow wires together you will blow a fuse or battery...

Any and all yellow aka battery wire is always used for power and memory

Yes because without constant connection to the battery, the headunits memory forgets your settings.

Fix your wiring yourself, its very easy and if needed use electrical tape.
No....just plain no. Here's why: During hot summer days or even when car gets hot esp behind the Hu and dash, that electrical tape will eventually leave a sticky residue if OP ever decides to upgrade to a better HU or do anything else car audiowise. It will unravel itself over time.

Best thing to do is use butt connectors.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Big thanks for your help.I will try it out:)
Let us know if you need more assistance.

The wiring harness on the back of the HU and the harness for the OEM plug will most likely have all color matched wires.

Super easy to connect the wires.

They also should be labeled so you can't screw it up.

If you need help just post on here, don't pay someone else to wire an aftermarket HU.

No....just plain no. Here's why: During hot summer days or even when car gets hot esp behind the Hu and dash, that electrical tape will eventually leave a sticky residue if OP ever decides to upgrade to a better HU or do anything else car audiowise. It will unravel itself over time.
Best thing to do is use butt connectors.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Let us know if you need more assistance.
C'mon you're better than that.

Best thing to do is solder and shrink.

If you have the time and tools to do it then for sure do this.

If not butt connectors would be the next best option.

Electrical tape is crap for any wanna-be permanent connection. It will come off.

C'mon you're better than that. Best thing to do is solder and shrink.

If you have the time and tools to do it then for sure do this.

If not butt connectors would be the next best option.

Electrical tape is crap for any wanna-be permanent connection. It will come off.
*Giggles* Meh....I've honestly never soldered any wires together. I've always use the next best thing which is butt connectors, then heatshrink in between for a very tight waterproof fit and hasn't failed me once at all. Time consuming but in the end, once done correctly, shouldn't have any troubles.

neil4374, do you know if the installer used a plug and play type connector? What I mean is a seperate harness which plugs into the factory harness then join wiring together from HU.

neil4374, do you know if the installer used a plug and play type connector? What I mean is a seperate harness which plugs into the factory harness then join wiring together from HU.

Hey,

I had a look today and it looked like the installer didn't use a plug and play connector. I could see the old factory harness and it wasnt plugged into anything. I could see the connector that plugs into the back of the HU. I followed the wires down and they were all connected as expected. red to red, yellow to yellow. the blue white remote was connected to the amp(I did it and forget I had. The connection looks dodgy-so I need to do that. (I would of done it today but couldn't find my allen keys) The blue yellow steering remote wasnt connected to anything. I assumed the installer used their own wires to hook that up.

Now I have more problems I will post about.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So I am hoping the blue white connection to the amp (dodgy connection) is the problem. As I cant see anything else wrong.

Hey,

I had a look today and it looked like the installer didn't use a plug and play connector. I could see the old factory harness and it wasnt plugged into anything. I could see the connector that plugs into the back of the HU. I followed the wires down and they were all connected as expected. red to red, yellow to yellow. the blue white remote was connected to the amp(I did it and forget I had. The connection looks dodgy-so I need to do that. (I would of done it today but couldn't find my allen keys) The blue yellow steering remote wasnt connected to anything. I assumed the installer used their own wires to hook that up.

Now I have more problems I will post about.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So I am hoping the blue white connection to the amp (dodgy connection) is the problem. As I cant see anything else wrong.The yellow wire may not be a 12v constant wire to the battery. You would need to test the voltage when the car is off.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.