HD help

Participant count
  • Participant list

btnhfan
5,000+ posts

Hail to the King Baby!!!!
Now that I have some extra cash, I want to get an HD antenna.

My tv has a built in tuner, and Im a complete noob when it comes to this kind of thing.

Here is what antennaweb.org had to say for me. I need advice on picking one, or if someone knows one that will work for me.

antenna.jpg

it seems to me that just about any HD anntenna would work, i would just shop around and see if you see one that matches your needs.

My first stop for shopping would prolly be Ebay, im addicted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Here check some of these out.

http://www.antennasdirect.com/HDTV_antennas.html

Generally go with something that is 5-10db gain. The dual band ones are going to get you because they are pretty much two antennas hooked together. I would just run UHF unless you REALLY want to get the VHF stations. VHF is going to be a much dirtier band.

I would go with that V21 or the medium range 42XG or indoor DB2…

Well I would love nbc because I can watch the office in hd....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

And I dont need a multi directional?

Get the biggest possible antenna system you can put up in your location and that you can afford. Indoor antennas are always a compromise, unless you live in a 20 story high-rise. A directional antenna on a sturdy rotator will pull in the strongest signals consistently, period. A good rule of thumb is that if it looks pretty, it probably isn't worth **** as an antenna //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

When you lose directionality, you also lose receive gain...a simple vertical whip antenna receives the same from all directions, but will have a lower signal strength than an array pointing at the same station.

Don't forget to buy good coax, losses at UHF can be substantial. High quality RG-6QS will get the job done.

Well I would love nbc because I can watch the office in hd....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

And I dont need a multi directional?
go to radioshack and get the biggest UHF/VHF antenna they sell, it probably has dust on it. Old school...with fins that angle up like arrows, the whole bit. That will work. I work at a VHF TV station;) We have analog 8|DT 9|8.1,8.2,8.3

You can also call WAGA and WSB, they'll tell you what works for them.

go to radioshack and get the biggest UHF/VHF antenna they sell, it probably has dust on it. Old school...with fins that angle up like arrows, the whole bit. That will work. I work at a VHF TV station;) We have analog 8|DT 9|8.1,8.2,8.3
You can also call WAGA and WSB, they'll tell you what works for them.
Ill have to look into that.

I mean Im 3 stories up in downtown Atlanta. There are a couple huge high rises, but I hear the signals bounce off.

Im going to try and get to radio shack very soon, or go to that site online and but a universal antenna.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.