HC1400 voltage drops

Participant count
  • Participant list

nateberrier
10+ year member

Douche, Ohio
Like said title. I did my big three and have good grounds and connections (believe me) and replaced the stock battery in the trunk (cobalts/g5s have a stock trunk location wut) with an hc 1400. Im running a DSC 1500.1 and an old SS Granite 110.2 and I get me some drops at full tilt. go from like 14.5 to 13.5 at the lowest I think. My alt recovers super fast but thats obv not good for it. Im guessing that 1400 doesnt have a big enough pooper to take the **** of my stereo? I have a deka I can add I spose. Just want to double check that Im not insane in the brain

Like said title. I did my big three and have good grounds and connections (believe me) and replaced the stock battery in the trunk (cobalts/g5s have a stock trunk location wut) with an hc 1400. Im running a DSC 1500.1 and an old SS Granite 110.2 and I get me some drops at full tilt. go from like 14.5 to 13.5 at the lowest I think. My alt recovers super fast but thats obv not good for it. Im guessing that 1400 doesnt have a big enough pooper to take the **** of my stereo? I have a deka I can add I spose. Just want to double check that Im not insane in the brain
bro. Put two batteries in.

Lol I know. I just have a hard time warranting two batteries when sooo many people run two 12w7s with two 1000SLASH1s using their 4 gauge scoshe kits.

Yeah well it drops and then once the draw is consistent IE sustained bass note it dips for a split second and comes back to where it should be. Like say Ill play a 40hz tone, it drops to 13.8v and then rises back to 14.3-14.5 and holds. My understanding is that the battery doesnt have the capacity to take care of The dips. My total draw from the alt (entire car not stereo) is less than 100 amps. currently and the alt installed in the car is 140.

A battery will keep you in the window of safely staying within the 12v-13v window longer. Your dip into the 13.5 volt range would inaudiable but if you want to keep it at 14.4 you would need a bigger alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.