HC or Type R for SQ?

SirSyko
10+ year member

Delusional Psychotic
Will the RE HC have better SQ than my Type R??? In a sealed 1.25 enclosure. I have an RF amp right now but will be getting Hifonics BX1500d. Will it be much louder? I am seriously thinking about getting this HC. Thanks for the help.

Will the RE HC have better SQ than my Type R??? In a sealed 1.25 enclosure. I have an RF amp right now but will be getting Hifonics BX1500d. Will it be much louder? I am seriously thinking about getting this HC. Thanks for the help.

i had one of my hc's in a sealed box with 1000 watts rms it didnt sound bad it just wanst loud enough to mske u go deaf, but if u want it loud and to sound good port it low and itll do good

I cant port it and I dont want to. I have no room for a bigger box and Im only going for SQ. And plus its the dimension that RE recommends. But will it sound better than my Typer R???

If all you want is SQ maybe you should consider a different driver. The XXX, Brahma, ED A, SI D2 are all probably better for SQ.

The SQ compaired to the Type R's IMO are pretty close. I had 2 Type R 12's vs my RE HC 15's. They are really close in SQ but keep in mind my Type R's were in more of a SQ instal than my HC's. So I would extrapolate and figure that the HC are better than the Type R in SQ but that is to me.

SQ is really what you think sounds good.

If all you want is SQ maybe you should consider a different driver. The XXX, Brahma, ED A, SI D2 are all probably better for SQ.
The SQ compaired to the Type R's IMO are pretty close. I had 2 Type R 12's vs my RE HC 15's. They are really close in SQ but keep in mind my Type R's were in more of a SQ instal than my HC's. So I would extrapolate and figure that the HC are better than the Type R in SQ but that is to me.

SQ is really what you think sounds good.
Thanks man that really helped a lot. I actually won the HC on ebay for 217. I know its kinda expensive but it was the only RE sub on ebay. Thanks all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With that sub go ported, if you don't have room find another sub.
Please dont reply to my threads. If they have forums for retarded people you should be there. And read my thread moron I already bought the HC. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I dont need ported Im going for SQ.

Hate to do this, but in audioguys defense, many ported boxes if tuned properly can be almost as good for SQ purposes as sealed boxes. You may have to try different frequencies, but a ported can sound pretty **** good too. I prefer ported, but I always ran sealed up until a few years ago.

I also prefer ported. It really depends on what you mean by SQ as well. A ported box will give less distortion vs a sealed box from 30 hz - 80 hz generally speaking. But the transient response of the sealed box will almost always be better. So it's a win / lose situation either way.

I would strongly suggest porting the box if you can, tune it to 28-32 and I can almost guarantee that you will be 100 % satisfied with the SQ and 140% with SPL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good luck,

Craig G

It is well worth the pay off going with ported. At first, I thought my portedsub box was going to sound like fat people wearing shorts on a leather couch, but I was thoroughly impressed by the sound and especially by how loud it was. Great mix between the two.

Please dont reply to my threads. If they have forums for retarded people you should be there. And read my thread moron I already bought the HC. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
I dont need ported Im going for SQ.

woah woah woah. i sence a little hostility, he was just giving his OWN opinion. not wanting to start a "fight" if ya wanna call it that but ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.