Having voltagw issues

I am also have major voltage drops. I have the big three done, a brand new Autocraft gold up front, and a brand new Kinetik hc1800 in rear. 1awg connecting front and rear battery. the two batteries are grounded in different spots. I am running 2 Kenwood kac9105d's that are grounded where the rear seat belts are connected to the frame. here is a link of my set up:

SirVemup's Public Profile on Photobucket.com

i am dropping below 10 volts on deep bass notes. Can anyone help me out? Would it be cause i am trying to push 1800 rms out of a 1000 watt rms 3500 watt peak sub?

I am also have major voltage drops. I have the big three done, a brand new Autocraft gold up front, and a brand new Kinetik hc1800 in rear. 1awg connecting front and rear battery. the two batteries are grounded in different spots. I am running 2 Kenwood kac9105d's that are grounded where the rear seat belts are connected to the frame. here is a link of my set up:SirVemup's Public Profile on Photobucket.com

i am dropping below 10 volts on deep bass notes. Can anyone help me out? Would it be cause i am trying to push 1800 rms out of a 1000 watt rms 3500 watt peak sub?
AFAIK, overpowering a sub shouldnt cause excessive voltage drop.. it would just blow the sub. However, if you tried to pull 1500W out of a 1000W amp by setting your gains too high, that is another story. Doing that would cause some major clipping and way more than normal voltage drop.

@sir do you have a ho alt? You are running 2 amps at full tilt. Try setting them around 1500 rms and see if that helps and are you using bass boost?

No HO alt. My voltage drops are going below 10.5 within a second or two after a deep note even after a full external charge on both batteries. Am i underestimating a HO alt? It just seems 2 batteries (especially the Kinetik 1800) should produce more voltage. And yea i am using bass boost @ 100%.

To the OP. your ho is not always making 270 amps. Only when the computer tells it to. Your car may be like mine, it doesn't react fast enough for quick spikes. Dimming can happen even if you had a 500 amp alternator. It's just how it is.

To the other guy. Batteries only store so much amperage. They don't make voltage. Set the gain right and turn off clip boost. It will help

Okay well the belt is fully tight so i have no idea why my lights are dimming and my rmp meter is dipping. i'm so lost and pissed iv put about a grand it to try and help with this and nothings working not deep cycle batteries not a a 270 alternator ugh
just gonna take a wild guess here.....but i would say that your rpm's are actually dropping. try it with the idle up just a little bit, like the bare minimum you can with the gas pedal. and, what did you do to get the belt "tightened"? it has an automatic tensioner. stiffer spring? spray on some belt dressing, or coca-cola/coffee? also, check the ground strap that goes from the back of the engine to the firewall. there is a good chance it's pretty poor condition by now. and, on top of that, i would re-do the 4awg. if you have a bad enough idle drop that you really need to fix, i know a mod that would help, but it is kind of technical

lol wish my truck stayed at 14 v. op 13.5 isn't bad at all, my truck is one that starts at 14 volt and then after driving a few mins it drops to 13.4,5.

yah, mine changed recently. used to run at 15.5 and drop to the 13's with over 1100rms, now rides around 14.7, i think. still good enough for me to be too lazy to check it out in sub-zero temps. kind of think it might be related to when i had the engine apart this fall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.