Having problems with my install.

Participant count
  • Participants list

adam4826

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2020 Ford Mustang GT PP2. It has the factory B&O 10 speaker system. I removed the factory subwoofer and made a plug to tap signal. I am currently running 2 Sundown E-10s, Taramps MD1200, LC2I, 4awg ofc.

(A) It sounds fine, but my issue is that when i turn it up past halfway and a really good note hits, my head unit acts like the Bluetooth disconnects. Except to reset it, all I have to do is switch to another source, then back and it plays. When apple car play is connected it does the same, except it pauses the music. Hit play. it works. (this seems to happen the most when i am accelerating. Not sure if its me or i am imagining it)

(B)Another side issue I have is that the gain level slowly turns itself down. This seems like an LOC problem. I have threshold off.

So far for issue (A) i have wiped and repaired my phone, reset headunit back to factory. I want to say its a voltage drop causing the car to kick off the bluetooth temporally, but my voltage is staying around the 14s. As for (B) I ordered a Pac AmpPro, will be installing soon. I have forscan and an OBD adapter.

I also will be building an amp rack in the spare tire well, changing the md1200 to a JP8 along with the pac amppro. Changing the lead/acid battery for a XSpower 4700 under the hood as well as big 3. Car has a stock 195 amp alt. To complete my build I ordered enough to DIY 32ah LifePo4.

Before I add anything else I need to iron out these issues.

Any and all advice welcome.

Your not the first person to have problems installing in a new mustang
Its something to do with some noise sensor inside the car?
There is a thread about it somewhere on the site
Forgive me for being so vague but it was like a year ago I read the thread and I'm not getting any younger so the memory is not what it used to be
Edit
Active Noise Control
There is a microphone in the roof liner in the back where it meets the window
Disconnect it and noise control system stops working
You can also use tuning software to disable it
HP tuners or similar
But I dont suggest doing it unless you know what your doing
I should add that I dont have any first hand experience with it I'm just going off of what I have read that other people did to fix it

Last edited:
Your not the first person to have problems installing in a new mustang
Its something to do with some noise sensor inside the car?
There is a thread about it somewhere on the site
Forgive me for being so vague but it was like a year ago I read the thread and I'm not getting any younger so the memory is not what it used to be
Edit
Active Noise Control
There is a microphone in the roof liner in the back where it meets the window
Disconnect it and noise control system stops working
You can also use tuning software to disable it
HP tuners or similar
But I dont suggest doing it unless you know what your doing
I should add that I dont have any first hand experience with it I'm just going off of what I have read that other people did to fix it

Thanks for the reply. Everything I've read says that only the Ecoboosts and gt350s have this feature. I didn't bother physically checking for the mic when i did the install. I will also check the ForScan tool to see if the option is enabled. Although the symptoms don't match- I don't see how even if it was equipped with that option it would junk my ability to use my Bluetooth. Going to install battery and big 3 on Sunday and Monday ill check the headliner and use my OBD scanner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...