having problems wiring system..

anthongy817
10+ year member

ok i just finished wiring up my system...

-pioneer p860mp

-phoenix gold x600.1

-single re se 12"

i started up the car. HU worked perfectly. But the amp didn't power up. It makes a faint beeping sound...and when i turn off the hu it goes away and when i turn it back on it comes back..so i know the remote wire is working. The power wire should be working too if it is able to make the amp beep...so could this be due to the grounding?

wouldn't the fuse blow if the amp wasn't grounded? because my fuse isn't blown..

i'm not sure what is wrong with it...please help!

i thoguht my grounding would be good...its connected to a metal plate that is connected to the car chassis...

does anybody else have any other thoughts on this?

i'm using the knukonceptz complete amp kit...so i'm using their rca cable that it came with.

there isn't any paint on the plate...its just bare metal.

the amp light doesn't turn on...but it beeps and makes a whining sound when it first turns on.

what fuses should i be checking? I checked the amp wire fuse but doesn't look blown to me.

your rcas wont make it not power on, it is a ground power or remote
well i know the remote works because the beeping stops when i turn off the hu and it starts again when i turn it on.

so does it narrow it down to my ground?

I am off to bed right now but heres the steps i would take my self to check this out,

Check your battery terminal and make sure everything is clean, free of built up grease etc

Check inline fuse at terminal

Check inline fuse at rear (if you have one some people run them for saftey)

Check fuses on your amp ( look at them but sometimes they wont look blown when they are, so replace them if possible)

You Ground wire has time be tightly fastend to your car, make sure it is directly onto metal, i dont know this plate you are talkn about but pull up some carpet find a screw undo it and attach the wire to it there and make sure there is no paint.

Remote wire is it on the rcas? Maybe run a new one as well for last case if nothing else works. Look in manual for amp what does the beep mean, is it really the remote wire or is it a safty beep like on computers. Were your subs are ran at the wrong load.

I am off to bed right now but heres the steps i would take my self to check this out,
Check your battery terminal and make sure everything is clean, free of built up grease etc

Check inline fuse at terminal

Check inline fuse at rear (if you have one some people run them for saftey)

Check fuses on your amp ( look at them but sometimes they wont look blown when they are, so replace them if possible)

You Ground wire has time be tightly fastend to your car, make sure it is directly onto metal, i dont know this plate you are talkn about but pull up some carpet find a screw undo it and attach the wire to it there and make sure there is no paint.

Remote wire is it on the rcas? Maybe run a new one as well for last case if nothing else works. Look in manual for amp what does the beep mean, is it really the remote wire or is it a safty beep like on computers. Were your subs are ran at the wrong load.
thanks! i'll go check everything you listed tomorrow morning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.