Having problem with amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Your amp is bad. Time to replace it.
or his voltage regulator is burned out on his alt from slamming the system with out proper electrical and its throwing 15plus volts at the amp... or less than 12v... only reason why i say that cuz he said, car idled funny thats what mine did when alt went bad...

or his voltage regulator is burned out on his alt from slamming the system with out proper electrical and its throwing 15plus volts at the amp... or less than 12v... only reason why i say that cuz he said, car idled funny thats what mine did when alt went bad...
Or he has an internal short on the amp, blowing the fuses and putting a heavy load on the alternator

Or he has an internal short on the amp, blowing the fuses and putting a heavy load on the alternator
i just know mine kept acting like it wanted to stall and volt meter was reading all over the place.. lol all he need to do is go to auto zone and have them test it.... lol its free...

I'll give you all the rundown maybe we can get to an understanding. I've had the system hooked up for about 2 weeks now grounded to the same place. On the way to work the other day I had the system bumping, as I always do on my daily commute, and all of a sudden the sound stopped from my subs. I looked back and saw my L.E.D. lights still on so I pulled over. When I put my car in park that is when I noticed the "not as smooth" idle and the l.e.d. lights flickering and in sync with the idle. Checked my wires everything was good. Checked my fuses in the amp they were not blown at this time. I drove on to work and when I parked I noticed my interior lights flickering like my amps led lights. when I turned off the radio everything stopped. Yesterday I ungrounded my wire and pressed it against another place I had sanded and when I turned the car on I noticed a pop at the amp that happens around the same time it would turn on. Blown fuses. I have an RE audio ctx 3200.1 powering a c2 audio threatcon-2 d2 wired to 1 ohm. Tested woofer and it still works

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.