Have Subs - Now what?

jbang917
10+ year member

A friend of mine gave me two Fosgate t112d2 Subs. Im not completely dumb about systems but I could use some advise. These will be going in an 05' Magnum.

Im trying to decide on my set up. Im not sure if I want to go with a two channel amp and wire one sub per channel in series and change the impedance to 4ohm. Or should I bridge on a 2 channel and wire the two subs together parallel/series for a two ohm load. Or should I go Mono amp with subs wired 2 ohm. I dont want to go lower than 2 ohm. And lets assume the amp is 2 ohm or 4 ohm stable.

I dont have an amp yet so we can assume any scenario with any type amp. Now these subs are rated at 600w rms (im assuming at 2 ohm right). What type of amp should I go with. (mono or two channel, and wattage?)

Also, would something in the neighborhood of a 6 farad capacitor do me good? Bigger? smaller? None? ...Factory alternator. Factory Battery. Ideally, I dont plan on uppgrading either.

Thanks for any help out there.

-jason

those are some pretty decent subs. get a mono amp. They take 600RMS, so a mono amp that does around 1200 @ 2 ohms will do. screw the cap, they do nothing. get another batt for the back. do the big three (search) and you should be ok.

A friend of mine gave me two Fosgate t112d2 Subs. Im not completely dumb about systems but I could use some advise. These will be going in an 05' Magnum.
Im trying to decide on my set up. Im not sure if I want to go with a two channel amp and wire one sub per channel in series and change the impedance to 4ohm. Or should I bridge on a 2 channel and wire the two subs together parallel/series for a two ohm load. Or should I go Mono amp with subs wired 2 ohm. I dont want to go lower than 2 ohm. And lets assume the amp is 2 ohm or 4 ohm stable.

I dont have an amp yet so we can assume any scenario with any type amp. Now these subs are rated at 600w rms (im assuming at 2 ohm right). What type of amp should I go with. (mono or two channel, and wattage?)

Also, would something in the neighborhood of a 6 farad capacitor do me good? Bigger? smaller? None? ...Factory alternator. Factory Battery. Ideally, I dont plan on uppgrading either.

Thanks for any help out there.

-jason
The ohm load does not change a subs power handling...its all in your amps. If you sub is 600rms, you can put 600 watts to it at 4ohms, 2ohms, 1ohm, etc.

I say get a decent batt and put it in your factory location, should be good. Do the big three though too.

those are some pretty decent subs. get a mono amp. They take 600RMS, so a mono amp that does around 1200 @ 2 ohms will do. screw the cap, they do nothing. get another batt for the back. do the big three (search) and you should be ok.
Im familiar with the big three... upgrade wiring from amp to batt, ground...

Can I just thow another batt in my car without an upgraded alternator?

Also... not sure if you are familiar with Magnums but the battery is actually in the back of the car. In the front there is just what appears to be some type of a sub-box for the battery where you can jump the car from and what not. So if I upgraded the wiring from the alt to the battery I wonder if I just have to run it to the sub-box under the hood or if I have to run the wiring the length of the car to the battery in the back.

ditch the subs no one likes mainstream subs. You wont be cool till you run something underground that can be summed up in 2 letters. Like FI, AQ, AA, ect. ect.

ditch the subs no one likes mainstream subs. You wont be cool till you run something underground that can be summed up in 2 letters. Like FI, AQ, AA, ect. ect.

uh...yeah. Not everyone spends more then their cars worth on audio my man.

What is up with everyone recommending the "Big 3" on stock electrical systems? Is that supposed to magically make the vehicle's electrical system produce more amperage?

I'll agree that the upgrade allows for less resistance BUT I say it is a myth or placebo effect if one claims it helps on a properly designed and maintained stock electrical system.

What is up with everyone recommending the "Big 3" on stock electrical systems? Is that supposed to magically make the vehicle's electrical system produce more amperage?
I'll agree that the upgrade allows for less resistance BUT I say it is a myth or placebo effect if one claims it helps on a properly designed and maintained stock electrical system.
Do research...

Some claim it will even improve your miles per gallon also...i do the big three on cars that i have that dont even have a stereo.

I dare you to try 2 run 8 awg to a 1kw amp. See how much wattage yoru losing? Now go upgrade the 8awg from the alt to the battery because THAT wire is what's providing your AMP ALL of it's power unless it draws more than the amp can put out. Then yoru amp draws from both the alt AND the battery.

get a good battery for the front (dont NEED one in the back) upgrade the big 3 with all 1/0g wires and all your wires with 1/0 g to the amp as well. and then you can buy my alpine pdx 1000.1 that is small but has tons of power. can do 1000-1200 at 2 or 4 ohms

What's the vc config on those subs, u nevr did tell us. Demanding on that u can choose a amp from there. I would go with a mono that does 1400-1600wrms bc those subs are underrated.

If u have dimming do big3, than a batt. Big 3 cost less, so I would do it first.

What's the vc config on those subs, u nevr did tell us. Demanding on that u can choose a amp from there. I would go with a mono that does 1400-1600wrms bc those subs are underrated. If u have dimming do big3, than a batt. Big 3 cost less, so I would do it first.
The T1's are all dual voice coil. I have the t112d2... "t1" t1 series "12" inches "D" dvc "2" 2 ohm.

It seams like everyone has the same feeling about the amp being a Mono. I think that is the way to go then... mono and wire the subs at 2 ohm.

As for the other stuff... so capacitor is out right? That seams to be everyones feeling?

I guess I will just wire it up and see what my lights and dashboard do. If I get dimming than I will go the "big 3" route. And if I still have probs with dimming than I should just go with a better battery and all should be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.