Have some cash to blow, time to upgrade

HBoB
10+ year member

USA
I just got back a few mailin rebates and have some extra money, so I've decided to retire my old Pioneer deh-p6000. I like this deck, but I think I want something with mp3 ablity and maybe a bit better sq. I am looking for something that can be found in the $200-$300 range, just don't have a clue what to get. I don't need a ton of features that I'll never use, just something that'll sound good. Looks aren't overly important either. So any suggestions would be great.

I was looking at the Pioneer PREMIER DEH-P740MP, but after some reading it seems this deck suffers from long pauses between track changes while listening to mp3s. Is it that bad? Maybe some suggestions on other decks or comments on this deck will help me out.

I have the Pioneer 740mp, yeah at the beginning loading mp3's abit slow but from track to track not bad at all, nothing to be "unpatient" about, I like my deck had it now for about 6-7 months haven' thad a single issue with it...

What about the Clarion DXZ835MP, I've seen it mentioned in other threads but no one really has commented much about it. Seems it has most of the stuff I would want. Either that or maybe i'll wait on the 750mp due out soon or something.

The 7894 looks great. Just 3 questions on it....does it have a long mp3 load time when switching tracks? It claims it needs a direct connection to my battery...is it possible to hookup without that? Finally hows alpines reliablity?

Originally posted by HBoB The 7894 looks great. Just 3 questions on it....does it have a long mp3 load time when switching tracks? It claims it needs a direct connection to my battery...is it possible to hookup without that? Finally hows alpines reliablity?
I have the 7897, and no, there is no loading delay in between tracks whatsoever, I'd imagine it'd be the same with the 7894 as well. The only thing you'll need to connect is the wiring harness. IMO, Alpine is the most reliable brand of HU's out there, with the exception of Nakamichi and Denon...

imo a road gear HU is far superior in SQ, features, and appereance to even the best Alpine HU, and it can all be had at your local wal-mart, where every country lovin good ol boy can hear the difference for themselves.

Originally posted by Natheo imo a road gear HU is far superior in SQ, features, and appereance to even the best Alpine HU, and it can all be had at your local wal-mart, where every country lovin good ol boy can hear the difference for themselves.
Lol...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.