Have around $230, whats a good mp3 deck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GPoodle
10+ year member

I have around $230 to spend on a deck that Ill be purchasing off eBay. My only requirements are that the deck can play MP3's, and preferably has 3 preouts.

My old deck was a JVC-SX980, which was stolen, so Im looking to upgrade.

At the moment Im very partial to the Blaupunkt San Jose MP41, which has three 4V preouts, and can play MP3's (but Ive read that the display can be too bright at night - anyone have this?). I can get one of these for about $190 off eBay.

If anyone has any suggestions for my price range, I'd greatly appreciate if you could toss them out at me.

THANKS!

Originally posted by GPoodle I have around $230 to spend on a deck that Ill be purchasing off eBay. My only requirements are that the deck can play MP3's, and preferably has 3 preouts.

My old deck was a JVC-SX980, which was stolen, so Im looking to upgrade.

At the moment Im very partial to the Blaupunkt San Jose MP41, which has three 4V preouts, and can play MP3's (but Ive read that the display can be too bright at night - anyone have this?). I can get one of these for about $190 off eBay.

If anyone has any suggestions for my price range, I'd greatly appreciate if you could toss them out at me.

THANKS!
I'm also thinking about the San Jose....any thoughts on it?

Have thezeb.com pricematch ikesound.com on the Pioneer 740MP or just buy from ikesound. Should run around $230-240 It's not the fastest MP3 load time, but it is fine if you play straight through.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.