Has anyone used kenwoods new excelon components.

I can't say I've seen a vehicle in the last 10-15 years using Kenwood components, or MTX, or Rockford, for that matter. The set you linked looks good, but ****, I feel bad for any Excelon dealer who tries to compete with that price.

Ya, I looked at those as an option for my car, but decided on some IA6.5c comps instead due to their 2.1" mounting depth. It's interesting how the magnet is on the inside of the speaker and makes them perfect for those with small depth requirements.

My first components were Kenwood 6.5". I remember ordering from apex audio back 12 or so years ago. I think it was around 60 dollars wholesale. They sounded like 60 dollar components. I replaced them with the neo mag 6.5" Kenwood Excelon coax and it was a world of difference. They were on an old Kenwood 50x2 amp from Crutchfield. I bet these don't sound terrible, but if it's anything like my experience before they should be in the sub 100 dollar range to be worth purchasing.

With the price of neodynium magnets lately, those speakers might be worth more than $100 in just scrap. You don't see just any car audio company engineering a good inverted magnet woofer. Installation can make good speakers sound like cheap speakers.

My personal opinion is the price on those speakers is likely a hell of a bargain. MSRP doesn't mean much these days but Kenwood didn't get $499.99 by just pulling a number out of thin air.

I have 2 sets of those components, mid bass is lacking to say the least and tweet is harsh, I got them for free new so I couldn't really complain, no way would I buy them for that price tho.....also having issues with the xover haven't figured it out yet but think there fried

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.