Has anyone tried home theater subs in their car?

You need to hit up some spl competitions. You can easily hit past 125db with that sundown 8 in a high output box. Bass db feels different from midrange loudspeaker dbs.
I don't think I want to get loud enough to disturb other drivers, but car audio is mostly dead in my area. I haven't heard news of any sort of audio competitions within 50 miles in over a decade. All the shops dried up, even BestBuy here only sells GPS, a few HU's and couple of kicker subs usually so I have to order everything. Maybe in our capital Indianapolis has some, I dunno but loud bass these days seems to draw the wrong kind of attention around here so I don't turn my up very loud at all.

I'm using 1200 watts now but thinking of downsizing to just maybe 300 watts and a single sub that's efficient enough to make the most of it.

I don't think I want to get loud enough to disturb other drivers, but car audio is mostly dead in my area. I haven't heard news of any sort of audio competitions within 50 miles in over a decade. All the shops dried up, even BestBuy here only sells GPS, a few HU's and couple of kicker subs usually so I have to order everything. Maybe in our capital Indianapolis has some, I dunno but loud bass these days seems to draw the wrong kind of attention around here so I don't turn my up very loud at all.I'm using 1200 watts now but thinking of downsizing to just maybe 300 watts and a single sub that's efficient enough to make the most of it.
Got a BNIB dayton HO heading my way that i want to sell. Its oerfect for what you want

I don't think I want to get loud enough to disturb other drivers, but car audio is mostly dead in my area. I haven't heard news of any sort of audio competitions within 50 miles in over a decade. All the shops dried up, even BestBuy here only sells GPS, a few HU's and couple of kicker subs usually so I have to order everything. Maybe in our capital Indianapolis has some, I dunno but loud bass these days seems to draw the wrong kind of attention around here so I don't turn my up very loud at all.I'm using 1200 watts now but thinking of downsizing to just maybe 300 watts and a single sub that's efficient enough to make the most of it.
Anything under 130db will not draw attention unless you have the windows down. Make sure you put some foam behind your license plate and screw top and bottom plates down. And put weatherstrip foam to decouple the trunk lid from rattling.

Anything under 130db will not draw attention unless you have the windows down. Make sure you put some foam behind your license plate and screw top and bottom plates down. And put weatherstrip foam to decouple the trunk lid from rattling.
What about 130db 6 feet out the window?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.