has anyone ever given there comps 500 watts!?!?!

I had a total of 800w RMS going to my comp set. I had a Boston Pro6.5 comp set, with 400w RMS per side. Amp was an Eclipse 34230. And yes, it got loud and sounded good while doing it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i'm giving my ACS a 270 rms per side amp to their passives.....When I incorporate my dual woofer system they'll both be seeing a 2ohm (525rmsx2)load per side in the 80-220hz region:)

But obviously due to gains these speakers never see quite all that heat in the real world

I was running an 800 watt RF power amp to my Focal components in my truck that i will soon install in my car. I love powerful mids! greatest thing in the car to me! I don't htink they ever saw that much power, but it was there in case.

Just because your amplifier says 500 RMS, it doesn't mean it's producing 500 RMS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
More than likely, everyone had tons of head room, meaning their amps were producing much less than they thought they were ...

Even most high-end speakers don't have the thermal capacity to handle that much power on a regular basis ...
Dead on dood.... I used to run a 400x2 to my front stage just for headroom purposes for in my mind it is always good to have plenty rather than not enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Did my sets ever see a true 400x2..? Nope or it would have been total meltdown in my doors.

well im my case ....i got a ppi21400 going to my midbass speakers..thats 700watts(running in stereo at 4ohms) i got 2 ppi2600's going to my midrange and tweeters

so all in all i got about 1900+ watts going to my mids and highs

gotta have some kind of highs to compete with six 15's

how come everyone is running so many watts to their comp sets? how does it sound? do they distort?

Im running 200 x 2 per side , gains half way and it distorts at full.

is it because im using a cheaper comp set (diamond m6)

I am currently using the CDT HD-62 set with 160x2 plenty of power to them, gain is all the way down. I am going to order the xxx mids and try them, they will run in 3 ohm so Im looking around 200x2.

well i'm using much bigger speakers 4 my mids and highs.....i have 10inch ev's in each of my doors...the ppi214 is running those.....and i have a 8inch beymas in each door and that being ran by a ppi2600..and i have another ppi2600 doing my tweets.........distortion..nope...theres times where i play my mids and people think its my bass..but when i cut that bass on its a wrap i shut everything down........but theres one dude that can fluck with me...and the guy that did my music did his as well...he has two 8inch beymas in each door.. and two. 6.5inch beymas in each door...and 2 tweets in each door ....all this 2 keep up with six 13w7's..in a escelade ext..

so the moral of the story is..if u got alot of bass u have t have the highs 2 keep up with it

hey plaz..didu get that thing yet..i'm waitin 4 your response

nope not yet.

i have to finish my sub box.

how do those beymas sound?

where in westchester are you located?

how come everyone is running so many watts to their comp sets? how does it sound? do they distort?
Im running 200 x 2 per side , gains half way and it distorts at full.

is it because im using a cheaper comp set (diamond m6)
those m6's should be able to take more power than that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.