Hard deciding between 10's or 12's

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
Im all over with this. I have a relatively large trunk ( thats what she said) and dont want to take up the entire space with a box, but I want it to bang. Never owned 10's personally, mainly 12's and up but the american bass xfl 10's look to be pretty beast. Ill be running them off a crunch ground pounder at 2 ohm, so 1500 watts. Are these a better sub than soundqubed hds series? I had the HDS in my truck thats in my sig and they were pretty loud. Music is all over, mainly bassy reggae type music. This is in a 2015 Ford fusion btw. Any help is appreciated, budget is $300 to $400 ish. Many spanks.

Kind of a hard question to answer. First are you building your own box or prefab? Will you be willing to build a transmission line box or just a ported/ sealed? How much space are you willing to give up?

Ill make my own box, ported and I think a T-line will test my abilities. I can make square things pretty good.

28235687_10213149255099831_1214024850516582780_o.jpg

this area is 40 inches wide, 18 inches tall and I can go 20 deep and still have some good room.

Get the biggest sub you can fit in the space. 12s should get louder than 10s on the same power. Assuming both are in appropriate sized boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two 10s in a T-Line won't fit, so that is out of the question. But you have plenty of space for either two 10s or two 12s ported. Generally you want to go with the most surface area you can fit in your space and budget. I'll let someone with more experience comment on specific subs, but two 12s in a properly sized and ported box should be louder than two 10s driven with the same power.

I had a Dayton Audio RSS315HO-4 12 recommended to me which I played around with different boxes and ended up driving it with 1000 watts rms. I liked it, and two of these should fit in your budget, but like I said, I'll let someone else recommend what sub fit you best.

You could go 2 efficient 15's for that matter. That's over 8 cubes total that you have measured out. Seems like the amp may be your weak link. Here is a dyno of an older Ground Pounder...doesn't fair well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Keep in mind you need space around the box for the air to flow and pressurize the cabin. This is often overlooked and hurts output. I would prob do the 2 12s. Not enough room for 15s when you figure in the thickness of the wood and port displacement.

That gp3k does rated, I was thinking it was a regular crappy crunch amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.