Hair trick

How's the big picture out of context?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Acoustic energy is way different than energy contained in the input electrical signal, and they are both different than the energy requirements needed to recreate a dynamic or sinusoidal signal using a subwoofer. You all need to get your energy and power ducks in a row.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif
well its not my argument but if you want to talk about electrical parameters shift and plotting actual motor strength "bl curve" yet with the actual the input signal and how damping affects "actual" motor strength not only via compression but also electrical parameters shifts and how that affects not only amplitude but frequency i'm all for it. "big boy"

well its not my argument but if you want to talk about electrical parameters shift and plotting actual motor strength "bl curve" yet with the actual the input signal and how damping affects "actual" motor strength not only via compression but also electrical parameters shifts and how that affects not only amplitude but frequency i'm all for it. "big boy"
oh and in what context are you referring to that "acoustical energy is very different from an electrical signal"? because that's not totally true. depending on what we are talking about. yes they are measured differenty but the fundamental physics behind operation is fairly similar.

I'll pay in silver, crypto, or cash, your pick.
I like your style.

That said, you have wildly shifted the goalposts here. I have already posted (in this thread) picture of an impedance curve of my subs in the box and also the circuit which represents a woofer in a ported box.

The only point is that there is nothing true about "longer wavelengths take more power". In fact I have posted an impedance plot showing that my box at least will draw less power below 43hz when compared to 43hz. In fact it shows that the amp will not see the same impedance at any more than 4 specific frequencies but we cannot make any generalizations at all besides saying that at tuning your amp will make the most power regardless of the tuning frequency.

You could also make the case that if you want to play extended test tones you'll consume more power over time than more dynamic program material, but that should have been obvious enough to not even warrant discussion and it has to relevance to the topic of the thread since you can levitate hair with enough air particle velocity and turbulence regardless of the length of the tone.

oh and in what context are you referring to that "acoustical energy is very different from an electrical signal"? because that's not totally true. depending on what we are talking about. yes they are measured differenty but the fundamental physics behind operation is fairly similar.
We can get into deeper technical discussion if you want, but unfortunately I'm less froggy today to post more technical discussion in which >99% of people could a damn[ about. I was apparently in rare form last night before I headed to bed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

My point was they are each discreet entities in the chain of getting a signal to your ears. For the sake of argument assume I'm right, even though the energy of the electrical signal coming out of the HU/DSP is approximately equal for 30 Hz and 60Hz (Thanks Water Bear for your input here!) that does not mean the mechanical energy output at the subwoofer system is equal between the two notes. Same for comparison at the speaker outputs at the amp. Yes, they are related, but they are each different values that do not have a 1:1 relation.

If I'm incorrect it should be easy to prove and even losing the bet it would be a cheaper lesson than many other lessons I've had in my life.

I like your style.
That said, you have wildly shifted the goalposts here. I have already posted (in this thread) picture of an impedance curve of my subs in the box and also the circuit which represents a woofer in a ported box.

The only point is that there is nothing true about "longer wavelengths take more power". In fact I have posted an impedance plot showing that my box at least will draw less power below 43hz when compared to 43hz. In fact it shows that the amp will not see the same impedance at any more than 4 specific frequencies but we cannot make any generalizations at all besides saying that at tuning your amp will make the most power regardless of the tuning frequency.

You could also make the case that if you want to play extended test tones you'll consume more power over time than more dynamic program material, but that should have been obvious enough to not even warrant discussion and it has to relevance to the topic of the thread since you can levitate hair with enough air particle velocity and turbulence regardless of the length of the tone.
I do think a lot of it is miscommunication between posters. Also reading everything at 3 AM; I may have gotten my panties in a wad for no good reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I just wanted to make certain that people understood that yes power draw is different depending on signal and to give them some of the basics behind why that may be the case. People can take the information or leave it. I feel like I did my civic duty for the night.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

At least the finger exercise was fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/typing.gif.fd7c44a94b6ea7a328969e3ae0e010f7.gif

We can get into deeper technical discussion if you want, but unfortunately I'm less froggy today to post more technical discussion in which >99% of people could a damn[ about. I was apparently in rare form last night before I headed to bed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif
My point was they are each discreet entities in the chain of getting a signal to your ears. For the sake of argument assume I'm right, even though the energy of the electrical signal coming out of the HU/DSP is approximately equal for 30 Hz and 60Hz (Thanks Water Bear for your input here!) that does not mean the mechanical energy output at the subwoofer system is equal between the two notes. Same for comparison at the speaker outputs at the amp. Yes, they are related, but they are each different values that do not have a 1:1 relation.

If I'm incorrect it should be easy to prove and even losing the bet it would be a cheaper lesson than many other lessons I've had in my life.
he was referencing that in fact exist other variables but he was trying to explain that playing a 30hz tone and 60 hz tone from a physics standpoint requires the same amount of energy.

you choose to assimilate it out of context. which i most certainly see your point.

i told who ever ask that the cabin is affecting his impedance curve. its really that simple.. that's outside of the no linear excursion from the driver itself since we are basing of findings on one driver alone..

in rare form? meaning you was ******* sauced. ahahaha

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I do think a lot of it is miscommunication between posters. Also reading everything at 3 AM; I may have gotten my panties in a wad for no good reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I just wanted to make certain that people understood that yes power draw is different depending on signal and to give them some of the basics behind why that may be the case. People can take the information or leave it. I feel like I did my civic duty for the night.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
At least the finger exercise was fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/typing.gif.fd7c44a94b6ea7a328969e3ae0e010f7.gif
miscommunication and not knowing WTF they are talking about are different.

even though the energy of the electrical signal coming out of the HU/DSP is approximately equal for 30 Hz and 60Hz (Thanks Water Bear for your input here!) that does not mean the mechanical energy output at the subwoofer system is equal between the two notes.

You are moving the goalposts yet again.

The only topic of debate here is whether or not the wavelength changes the RMS power of sine waves of the same amplitude. That was the original fallacy I attempted to correct.

Also I don't think OP is coming back because the answer he was fishing for was for someone to give him a box design that would let him levitate things in his windows with a single 18 on 2000W.

The only topic of debate here is whether or not the wavelength changes the RMS power of sine waves of the same amplitude. That was the original fallacy I attempted to correct.

Also I don't think OP is coming back because the answer he was fishing for was for someone to give him a box design that would let him levitate things in his windows with a single 18 on 2000W.
He was asking what was needed to produce a hair trick not a box design.
Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

528 Hz's post.

"Higher frequencies have a higher current draw."

You replied:

Ohm's law says P=IE frequency is not part of the equation.
If there is moving of the goal posts that would be you unless you are saying he was not discussing the amp's current draw.

I try to be diplomatic on occasion.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
you ride my *** though.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i love ya for it broTechnicalass

He was asking what was needed to produce a hair trick not a box design.
Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk
You and I both know the answer to that question and that that answer isn't what he was hoping to hear.

528 Hz's post.
"Higher frequencies have a higher current draw."

You replied:

If there is moving of the goal posts that would be you unless you are saying he was not discussing the amp's current draw.
It looks to me like that link is dealing with a signal riding a carrier wave in regards to communications (radio broadcast or possibly even primitive phone modem type applications). That doesn't seem to have anything to do with reproducing bass notes or music. Did you open that link?

You and I both know the answer to that question and that that answer isn't what he was hoping to hear.

It looks to me like that link is dealing with a signal riding a carrier wave in regards to communications (radio broadcast or possibly even primitive phone modem type applications). That doesn't seem to have anything to do with reproducing bass notes or music. Did you open that link?
I didn't see a link by 528Hz. If you are talking about water bears, I did open it and glance at it. If I recall, it was geared towards electrical signal analysis, but it did gloss over some fundamentals.

Added: Taking a look at the link I would guess some sort of wired modem or radio reception as well....maybe DSL?, but those concepts quickly go above my pay grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SuperScion9000
San tan valley, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls
IMG_6578.png