H/O alt

Participant count
  • Participant list

GibbinatorX

CarAudio.com Newbie
So i still very new to this so bear with me.
So im currently running
-ZVX-15V2 scar 15
-RP1500.1D 1500 w scar amp
My alternator has officially crapped out and i planned on upgradeing anyway. So, id like to know what amp alt ill be needing to run a 3500w amp.
I have the big 3 it just isnt installed yet because i was waitin on getting a alternator.

So i still very new to this so bear with me.
So im currently running
-ZVX-15V2 scar 15
-RP1500.1D 1500 w scar amp
My alternator has officially crapped out and i planned on upgradeing anyway. So, id like to know what amp alt ill be needing to run a 3500w amp.
I have the big 3 it just isnt installed yet because i was waitin on getting a alternator.
Also if you have any suggestions on where i should be looking for one would be greatly appreciated.
The car is a 2001 Saturn SL 1.9 Mfi sohc

You're putting a $600 alternator in a $1000 car. It's your money to spend, but it's worth mentioning Iraggi's trade-in option in case you get a different vehicle.

I'm glad your skin is thick enough that you didn't take offense to that, because I didn't mean any. Three of the same car? Why do you like them so much? I think SC2's are kind of cool.... but Saturn.
Man I bought ole Linda and decided to rock em. I personally dont care what folks think of me, much less what I drive.
The main thing is who would expect a ole grandma car to thump as good as she does 😂.

I had an SC2 for a while. Thing was trash quality wise, but it was a fun little car. Tiny, made of plastic, 5 speed. The sky was a cool take on the solstice.

I had an SC2 for a while. Thing was trash quality wise, but it was a fun little car. Tiny, made of plastic, 5 speed. The sky was a cool take on the solstice.
Let me be the first to tell ya the car may be made of plastic but itll save your' life man.
Had a old saturn wagon for a week when i was 17 or 18. I let my buddy drive and he told me to rip the ebrake. Needless to say i did we hit a water oak doing around 35 around a corner being dumb as hell. I got in that hoe and hit the ole turbo switch it had and drove it out. When i looked later it has a two in solid steel tubes though each door evidently. I drove that car a year before taking it to the scrap yard and wayched it getting crushed wasnt gonna let anyone else have it.
I put a peice of plexi in the driver window and duct tapped the plastic outside cover back on it.
Loved that thing.

Let me be the first to tell ya the car may be made of plastic but itll save your' life man.
Had a old saturn wagon for a week when i was 17 or 18. I let my buddy drive and he told me to rip the ebrake. Needless to say i did we hit a water oak doing around 35 around a corner being dumb as hell. I got in that hoe and hit the ole turbo switch it had and drove it out. When i looked later it has a two in solid steel tubes though each door evidently. I drove that car a year before taking it to the scrap yard and wayched it getting crushed wasnt gonna let anyone else have it.
I put a peice of plexi in the driver window and duct tapped the plastic outside cover back on it.
Loved that thing.
That's awesome, my experience was not the same lol. Yours drove away from a wreck, mine couldn't drive out of the driveway. Threw it into reverse one day to head to work, 5 feet later the front passenger wheel hub sheered and the wheel fell off. Front end hit the driveway and cracked the bumper and fender. Fixed and sold immediately lol

That's awesome, my experience was not the same lol. Yours drove away from a wreck, mine couldn't drive out of the driveway. Threw it into reverse one day to head to work, 5 feet later the front passenger wheel hub sheered and the wheel fell off. Front end hit the driveway and cracked the bumper and fender. Fixed and sold immediately lol
Wont lie i have had my runnins with the hubs the bearings make you wanna just sell em but when youre broke and in high school a little trick i did to fix mine after i finally got the old races off you can use a motor stand to knock the new one on if you cant do it the right way. The old motor stands tube was the perfect size to knock it down evenly.

I dont recomend this though cause the hubs are cast.
Anyways that same hub is on the car i plann on putting the alternator on lol.

Wont lie i have had my runnins with the hubs the bearings make you wanna just sell em but when youre broke and in high school a little trick i did to fix mine after i finally got the old races off you can use a motor stand to knock the new one on if you cant do it the right way. The old motor stands tube was the perfect size to knock it down evenly.

I dont recomend this though cause the hubs are cast.
Anyways that same hub is on the car i plann on putting the alternator on lol.
Hey, whatever works lol. If I was broke, I would have kept the car for sure. I had the presses and pullers, and it was an easy fix, but I couldn't risk it letting me down again trying to get to work. Not at all saying the brand is bad entirely, just my one particular experience was less than confidence inspiring

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GibbinatorX

CarAudio.com Newbie
GibbinatorX
Lucedale, MS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views