Gumbysmoke's '01 Alero

5042-Hairy_Pothead_and_the_Marijuana_Stone_cover.jpg

That's a **** good idea on those terminals for the box. I ran bolts w/ ring terminals on my last box and it's a PITA to work with them...where did you get those? They custom?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a **** good idea on those terminals for the box. I ran bolts w/ ring terminals on my last box and it's a PITA to work with them...where did you get those? They custom?

thanks man, i cut threaded rod into 3" pieces, put locktite-ed nuts on either side of the wood, and sliped on those little terminals i found at a local hardware store. when the box is painted black, im going to take a little paint brush with yellow paint and draw + + - -.

thanks man, i cut threaded rod into 3" pieces, put locktite-ed nuts on either side of the wood, and sliped on those little terminals i found at a local hardware store. when the box is painted black, im going to take a little paint brush with yellow paint and draw + + - -.
probably better to make a thin cardboard/posterboard stencil with an exacto knife and spray it

And im curious too... how did you flare those pipes? I'd love to make me some of those

probably better to make a thin cardboard/posterboard stencil with an exacto knife and spray itAnd im curious too... how did you flare those pipes? I'd love to make me some of those
yea we'll see how my paint skills turn out.

What's your method on flaring that pipe?

I use a heat gun to get one side almost maleable to the finger, then i stick it on a clay pot that has a pretty steep edge to it. Once that makes about a 2" flared section, i stick it in a bucket of cold water prevent the inside from bowing in on the next step. After the flare is hard again i start heating the tip of the flare and stick it on a shallow pan-top. Then i move to an almost flat pan top. At this point i take it to the box its going in, heat the whole end up, stick the port in the hole the way it will be when i'm done, put a board on top of the port, and stand on top of it. That last step flatens it to the box and shapes it to the hole for a better seal.

It really takes some practice to not burn/bow in/**** up the pipe.

i got a h.o alt for an alero if yer interested? brand new never used powerbastards 200 amp aly, 200 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i got a h.o alt for an alero if yer interested? brand new never used powerbastards 200 amp aly, 200 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

$50 shipped?

Time to paint a little while waiting on the woofer.. (expected delivery date: 7/22)

CIMG3536.jpg

The part you can see through the port..

CIMG3538.jpg

Black box.

CIMG3540.jpg

Yellow port.

CIMG3554.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

walled01alero

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
walled01alero
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date