Grounding question with 2nd Isolated battery.

Participant count
  • Participant list

crownroyal
10+ year member

BILLY MAYS HERE FOR COKE!
So I have been running my system off stock electrical, pushing a Massive Audio 5 channel (800rms sub+120x4).

Wolfram was selling those C-2400.1 so cheap I said what the hell, My Dark A.I. DKI-15 can take it!

So now Im about finished runing the 1 guage to IB500 isolator relay to a Shuriken 120ah battery.

This is the first time ive dealt with a 2nd battery set up and I'm not sure of the grounding. 

I have the c-2400 grounded to the battery which is grounded to the chasis.

Is it imperitive to ground my Massive Audio EX5 (running only the cab speakers) to the battery like I did the sub amp (6ft run)or can I just ground it to a closer spot(2 ft run)

Thanks!

I don't think anybody uses battery isolators any more so I can't help you there, but as far as grounding amps it shouldn't matter so long as both batteries are well grounded to the frame and everything else in the audio signal chain is also properly grounded to frame or battery - terminal.  IF you wind up with engine whine that'll be the first thing you want to experiment but if everything is grounded solid it should not be an issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.