Ground?

Participant count
  • Participant list

loke7017

CarAudio.com Newbie
ohio
I have 2 amps and a battery in my trunk. I have 0 gauge ground on battery in trunk and 2 4 gauge ground off the trunk battery. Can I ground all 3 to the same spot since I have different size ground wires or it is sage to run all 3 from the same spot.

Is the battery in the trunk the primary battery or an additional battery? If it's a 2nd battery, you should have 1/0 gauge wire from the +/- on the front battery to the rear battery, You should then run 1/0 gauge to +/- distribution blocks, one for both the +/- .

I always parallel ground. In your scenario, I would wire as follows:

1716672255452.png

If the battery in the trunk is the main battery, then just go off what i show here from BAT 2.

Last edited:
It is a secondary battery. I was told I could just use 2 separate fuse holders off the battery instead of a block. My main question is can I use the same ground spot for the 2nd battery and the 2 amps or do I need 3 separate ground areas.

A single sufficient ground is preferable to multiples. Multiples can cause ground loops which are problematic. As illustrated, one frame/chassis ground point up front and a single frame/chassis ground point in the rear not multiples in the rear. You can ground directly back to the battery if it is frame/chassis grounded in the rear already or use a distro as shown.

Do you have parallel runs front to back?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...