Ground zero 7104 XSPL 7x10'' box design issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sake_Pdk

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dear all,
I recently bought these speakers. Put them in some cheap, sealed, boxes you can buy on ebay etc. Im running them on a 250watt amplifier. The high tones sound perfect. however they simply sound horrible in the mids, presumably because of the poor box design and size. Anyone who can help me what to do with the box design? Or anyone who has more specs for these speakers in particular, cant find much info about them.... I do not want to mount them free air in the trunk as i use my cars music with the trunk opened a lot.

kind regards.

Try playing them out of the box. If they still sound bad, then the box is not the issue. If the sound improves, then add some pillow stuffing to the box (just a little).
already have some pillow stuffing in there, they dont necesarily sound that bad. just cant play that loud before they start to sound bad. Sounds like they want more air to work with. I just dont know how much they need :p

Are you trying to run those full-range? If you are not using a high pass filter you will run into mechanical limits of those well before 200W.
I would like to design a box for them that is allround from 80 hz and above. Im simply not able to find the required specs to do such calculations.

Last edited:
. I just dont know how much they need
I would like to design a box for them that is allround from 80 hz and above. Im simply not able to find the required specs to do such calculations.
In that case, I would suggest using the parameters of an 8" sub in the same power range. For sealed and 125 Hertz you should be fine just being in the ball park.

I do not believe a different box will fix this and I generally distrust those """4 way""" coaxials. You could add some pieces of wood or even bricks or rocks or anything to shrink the effective box volume and see if that helps anything, I don't think a larger box will do anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...