Ground wire from amp...how thick

My friend installed my amp, and what he did was I got a hookup kit. In there was a large ground and a large power cable. We ran the large power from +battery to my trunk, then he took the black ground cable and grounded my battery. Is that right? Or was that groung cable for my amp? Thanks

Originally posted by MD_ My friend installed my amp, and what he did was I got a hookup kit. In there was a large ground and a large power cable. We ran the large power from +battery to my trunk, then he took the black ground cable and grounded my battery. Is that right? Or was that groung cable for my amp? Thanks
Your battery was already grounded or it would not power anything in your car.. The ground wire in the kit is to run a ground for the amp.. Try to keep the ground as short as possibe..

Wow, what was your buddy thinking? That usage for the ground wire should have been pretty obvious. Or at least read the instructions.

A word of advice for everyone out there: Don't let your buddies mess with your sound system unless you're POSITIVE that he knows what he's doing.

I'm surprised that there aren't more car electrical fires than there are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.