Ground loop isolator killed bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

NoahMarsh

I have two 10" Kicker CompVT shallow-mount subs paired to an RE Audio CTX1600.2 amplifier. The subs and amp give off a whine that is simaltaneous with my engine RPM's and it pops and crackles like thunder whenever I'm using my phone while it's playing music. I bought a ground loop isolator hoping it would fix the problem, but it simply killed the bass. I can even turn my bass all the way up, switch on the bass boost, AND the loud function, and my door speakers still beat them bass wise. I can go right back to regular RCA cables and it will emit bass just fine but with the whine and "thunder" sounds.

The Ground loop isolator is a Scosche ES-034. Please help!

Make sure all grounds are good. Scrape down to bare metal.

Don't run RCA's along power wires. Scrap the ground loop isolator if that solves your wine problem.

Turn that bass boost off.

Ground goes to rather surface-rusty metal of the body underneath the rear seat, and I can't do anything about moving the RCA's. My F-150 has loads of powered wires running on each side under the kick panels which is also where the RCA cable is tucked in. Would buying. Higher quality cable help?

Scrape the ground point until you can see shiny metal.

Higher quality RCA's may help, but you need to run them somewhere else. Run them under the carpet in the middle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.