Ground location suggestions - photos included

Not yet, I am going to try and do the ground today if time permits. So I took some more pics after removing the rest of the back seat. Two options I see

Option #1 - ground the the rear shock tower, simply remove one nut, sand and clean area, install ground and reinstall nut. This area has a nice pass through right near the amp

Option #2 - ground the area just below the large gold bolt. sand and clean area area, install ground. The only problem with this area is that the ground has to be longer to get up and behind the seat area to the amp as I see no pass through near that area.

Thoughts/comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I feel kind stupid, that hole underneath the large gold bolt in photo #3 above, I didn't realize I can run the ground wire right underneath the plastic panel and then to the amp which is pretty close. That hole also has room where I can reach behind and use a nut so unless someone thinks its a bad place, I think that the place to do it.

Shock tower also easy but the hole I am referring to is similar distance now that I can get under the plastic panel and won't require me to undo the shock bolt. Any reason why the shock tower would provide a more robust ground point?

Thanks

Would you rather have a thin sheet metal as a ground which might have a poor ground to frame or the strut tower which is most likely connected to frame better and there or a better grounding point. If you ever decide to run more power I suggest grounding to the frame. As much of a pain it is it's worth it.

Guys I feel kind stupid, that hole underneath the large gold bolt in photo #3 above, I didn't realize I can run the ground wire right underneath the plastic panel and then to the amp which is pretty close. That hole also has room where I can reach behind and use a nut so unless someone thinks its a bad place, I think that the place to do it.
Shock tower also easy but the hole I am referring to is similar distance now that I can get under the plastic panel and won't require me to undo the shock bolt. Any reason why the shock tower would provide a more robust ground point?

Thanks
Ground to the chassis, then augment that ground with the same size cable running up to the battery's chassis ground. You're daisy chaining ground cables.

So, I'm gonna ground to the rear strut/shock tower and go from their. I'll update once I get it done, just depends on when this rainy weather clears up.

So I redid the ground and will be setting gain via dmm this weekend. A new enclosure is also being built as per the suggestion of sundown and they provided me with a revised slightly smaller internal volume design as their design which I used, was really designed for the SA8, not the E8.

Hoping all will result in this little bad boy working well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.