Alternator Whine(Tried everything)

Zula

Iowa
So recently setup a new system in my car, 2 amp's one 4 channel running 4 speakers and one running my sub. Before I just had head unit running speakers and it worked fine without any alternator whine. Now in the speakers I'm getting really bad alternator whine, I've tried everything regrounding, ground loop isolators, shielded RCA cables, along with grounding them just to be safe, and even trying another head unit. My amp is good the whine goes away after I unhook RCA's from head unit. I've had the alternator tested and it's good. Both amp's are grounded seperately. I'm at my limit I can't figure it out.

Not sure if it matters, but if I leave RCA's unhooked but hookup the ground loop isolator, it has alternator whine again as long as it is connected to ground, it gets it. Doesn't matter if its the ground coming through head unit or from loop isolator

Try a distribution block for the grounds so there's only one spot. Noise is caused from ground loops....

Did you try running a dedicated ground from the head unit to the battery yourself?

If you have a Pioneer head unit you could have fried the pica fuse for rca's. If so there is a write up for a repair. I had to add a new ground in my Astro van because engine cover was on the same radio ground and spark plug wires where arcing on cover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.