Ground: 2 4ga vs 1 0ga

Participant count
  • Participant list

neo_styles
10+ year member

AKA Pop Twidget
WA
Still coming up with plans for my install. I'll be running 2 four-channel amps, neither of which can accomodate 0ga wire, so I'm forced to use 4.

Option 1:

Run each 4ga ground to a distro block to a single 0ga wire, then run the 0ga to batt negative.

Option 2:

Run each 4ga ground directly to batt negative.

What would you recommend? Am I going to be limiting myself in current going one route or the other? I just realized it's cheaper to get the extra 4ga I'd need to cover the extra distance from Knu than it is a ground distro at this point.

How long would the runs of 4ga straight to the battery be? Probably just go that route if they aren't long, less connections. Less chances for things to go wrong, less possible voltage loss as well.

Somewhere between 3 and 5 feet each, depending on how I conceal the wiring.

And apparently Knu does have the reducers...at 3.50 each.

3-5 feet is easy, don't do a distro. 4ga or 1/0ga w/reducers is up to you, depends on what you think you will be doing in the future. And fusing ground is a good idea, but also up to you. 3-5 feet, as long as it's ran where it won't be tampered with, you might not need fuses, but they are there to protect shorts in the wire. Honestly, I probably wouldn't if it was my install.

Hmm...gives me something to think about. So how about this on the no fuse concept?

2 Knu battery terminals

1/0 gage from terminal to each amp with reducer (power)

1/0 gage with reducer from each amp to battery terminal (ground)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.