Anyone know about Acura's???

Jes 42
10+ year member

DeezNtzz
Ohio
Ive heard there is a certain wire you can cut on the Acura's to step up voltage. Can anyone help me out with this? Supposed to keep the alternator charging at max instead of kicking back down.Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help.

I know on subaru's if you put a resistor in the wire that leads to the voltage regulator it makes it charge full all the time.

Can't find anything on the acura forums?

yeah i seen that on some cars but read on smd that if you just cut the one on the Acura it does the same. Just wanna be sure,ya know??thx

I know on subaru's if you put a resistor in the wire that leads to the voltage regulator it makes it charge full all the time.
Can't find anything on the acura forums?
Acura forum had me rollin when they told some guy you should NEVER use extra batteries on your audio system ''just get a GOOD cap'' Thats all you'll ever need...that was that for me.....

Soooo not worth it.
You'll be risking your car's entire electrical system for a couple hundred watts at best. Leave it be.
I had that feeling too.why i put it out there.def didnt wanna burn anything up..thanks

It does not step your voltage up.Not sure where u got that info.What it is is an eld (electronic load detector).when the system doesn't sense a load it shuts the alternator off.All u have to do is unplug it with newer ones this will run it like any other normal alternator.mad u will gain a lot more then a few extra watts when alt is charging at 14.4-14.5 compared to 12.6.If u need help I'll guide you through it.

It does not step your voltage up.Not sure where u got that info.What it is is an eld (electronic load detector).when the system doesn't sense a load it shuts the alternator off.All u have to do is unplug it with newer ones this will run it like any other normal alternator.mad u will gain a lot more then a few extra watts when alt is charging at 14.4-14.5 compared to 12.6.If u need help I'll guide you through it.
Thats what i was hearing..exactly that ^^^

It says you cut like the Green and White wire or something like that.

Just FYI, this is only true on some Honda's/Acuras. If I remember correctly, the last vehicles to use an S type regulator were Integra GSR's and Legends. The green/white wire is normally the C wire on Honda's, NOT the S wire. The C wire is what the PCM sends a ground signal to the alternator to shut it off in economy mode. Gound the C terminal on a Honda, alt goes off like a lightswitch just like it's supposed to. You want better voltage on Honda's, just CUT the C wire and just stop the PCM from shutting the alt off.. If you try to put an inline diode on a C wire to B+ on ANY Honda, you WILL blow the regulator up. Just FYI, to my knowledge, from ~2002 there wasn't a single mainstream Honda/Acura made that had a sensing type regulator, and the last one I can think of was the Acura legend in '01-'02. No Civic or Accord has used an S type regulator since the early '90s, the last Civic to use it was I think '89...

THIS IS WHAT I READ..ITS 90'S MODELS I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO THIS WITH. mine is a 93 Legend

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.